Four Americans Killed on Yacht Hijacked by Somali Pirates >

Four Americans Killed on Yacht Hijacked by Somali Pirates

Notices

Four Americans Killed on Yacht Hijacked by Somali Pirates

Old 02-22-2011, 07:41 PM
Charter Member #928
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They were Christians, avid sailors, even handing out bibles at different stops. Believe they did some missionary work at other times. Traveling around the world, while spreading the Word. People like them are never afraid what may happen, and in some cases like this one, is tragic when it does. Though they would probably not even carry weapons, even if they could, it's a shame you can't protect yourself. Like this country, the states with the the highest crime are usually the ones with the strongest gun laws. You just can't get criminals to play by the rules.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Enough with Somalia, be done with that country for good.

1. Somalia has billions of dollars of debt (worthless)
2. Somalia is breeding ground for terrorists (not my opinion, but the opinion of those who research this topic) http://www.carnegieendowment.org/pub...=view&id=41612
3. Somalia does not possess any valuable natural resources that are abundant, only a remote possibility that there may be oil reserves, and that is remote at best.
4. What good comes from Somalia, NOTHING!
5. No more aid, we gave Somalia $189 million for humanitarian assistance, which is less than than the $250+ million in aid provided in 2008. No more aid.
6. Somalia has been unstable and is a money pit for aid, never enough and mismanaged. Time to punish the criminal who attack Americans, and stop giving to those governments who cannot control the crime.

My $.02 thought for the day.

AND, death sentences for all the living pirates involved in the death of the American sailors; don't dick around, send a message.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Registered

I feel bad for the families but just like like anything else in life you have to be accountable for your actions, they werent casually sailing by, they were headed to a port in Somolia or Oman to do mission work, they completely disregarded every state dept warning out there.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smarty

Time to punish the criminal who attack Americans, and stop giving to those governments who cannot control the crime.

AND, death sentences for all the living pirates involved in the death of the American sailors; don't dick around, send a message.
FK'n A man!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Banned

2. Somalia is breeding ground for terrorists (not my opinion, but the opinion of those who research this topic) http://www.carnegieendowment.org/pub...=view&id=41612
3. Somalia does not possess any valuable natural resources that are abundant, only a remote possibility that there may be oil reserves, and that is remote at best.
5. No more aid, we gave Somalia $189 million for humanitarian assistance, which is less than than the $250+ million in aid provided in 2008. No more aid.
6. Somalia has been unstable and is a money pit for aid, never enough and mismanaged. Time to punish the criminal who attack Americans, and stop giving to those governments who cannot control the crime.

Well said, shoot them or hang them makes no difference to me.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:15 PM
Registered

there are also private security companies that will protect ships in the area and I doubt they take prisoners, I think shipping companies are hesitant because of the possible liabilty of killing pirates
Old 02-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the way you think ....
Old 02-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Steve 1
It is a historic right,All arms have to be reported to the authorities right away and Kept locked on board while in Port.
Does that apply to commercial vessels? If they can have weapons on board why are there so many hijacked ships in Somali ports?
Old 02-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sy goldberg
I don't want to get into a political debate,but where is our proper response and prevention ?
WTF are you talking about? Is it our job to patrol and secure theses waters?
Old 02-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
Does that apply to commercial vessels? If they can have weapons on board why are there so many hijacked ships in Somali ports?
because the ships are owned by large corporations that dont want their crew out carrying M-16's, first time a fellow crew member gets shot and it's a big lawsuit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.