Four Americans Killed on Yacht Hijacked by Somali Pirates >

Four Americans Killed on Yacht Hijacked by Somali Pirates

Notices

Four Americans Killed on Yacht Hijacked by Somali Pirates

Old 02-22-2011, 08:41 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's international waters. Im surprised the yachting community doesnt just hire a blackwater typr team and take care of the situation. woud be cheap and effective.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weapon are not allowed on commercial ships, nor should they ever be. there are some crazy ass bastards that work on ships. it only takes one guy with a gun. also it is a cargo hazard. guns are not exactly intrinsically safe.
Some shipping companies hire security teams, and some are too cheap to. There was a tanker that was hijacked that had an unarmed security team. Once boars the security team jumped overboard to protect their lives. they were later picked up by a UN ship.
After the Maserk alabama was hijacked and recovered, it still ships thought he area, but Maserk still didnt hire a security team. I have seen pics of the security measure thay ahve implemented. Razor wire all around the main deck of the ship, steel panels on hinges, ect. Cheap ass company.
It is getting harder to avoid pirates because they are using "mother ships" they are disguised as fishing vessels and there are hundreds! very hard to distinguish the difference without boarding. ships are accustomed to fishing vessel getting close so its is a good cover for pirates.
We seriously just need to blow them all to hell. No other country will. there are 660 hostages from other countries that are not being fought for like we do. But we need to take it a lot further! kill em all!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Registered

I would call anything blackwater does cheap, they are paying guys about 70K for 3 months in Afghan so I hate to see how much the US gov actually gets billed,
Old 02-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
Enough with Somalia, be done with that country for good.

1. Somalia has billions of dollars of debt (worthless)
2. Somalia is breeding ground for terrorists (not my opinion, but the opinion of those who research this topic) http://www.carnegieendowment.org/pub...=view&id=41612
3. Somalia does not possess any valuable natural resources that are abundant, only a remote possibility that there may be oil reserves, and that is remote at best.
4. What good comes from Somalia, NOTHING!
5. No more aid, we gave Somalia $189 million for humanitarian assistance, which is less than than the $250+ million in aid provided in 2008. No more aid.
6. Somalia has been unstable and is a money pit for aid, never enough and mismanaged. Time to punish the criminal who attack Americans, and stop giving to those governments who cannot control the crime.

My $.02 thought for the day.

AND, death sentences for all the living pirates involved in the death of the American sailors; don't dick around, send a message.

Well put!

BTW anyone on board the pirate ship OR the hostage ship (pirates of course) should be executed on site.....done, no trial and the motto "innocent people wouldn't be there" should be the saying of the day!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Well put!

BTW anyone on board the pirate ship OR the hostage ship (pirates of course) should be executed on site.....done, no trial and the motto "innocent people wouldn't be there" should be the saying of the day!
Stick to the code! Get rid of them!
Old 02-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wigginout
They were Christians, avid sailors, even handing out bibles at different stops. Believe they did some missionary work at other times. Traveling around the world, while spreading the Word. People like them are never afraid what may happen, and in some cases like this one, is tragic when it does. Though they would probably not even carry weapons, even if they could, it's a shame you can't protect yourself. Like this country, the states with the the highest crime are usually the ones with the strongest gun laws. You just can't get criminals to play by the rules.
You sound like you approve of travelling evangelists gallivanting around the world ramming the Xian religion down the throats of people who believe some other religion. Is that ok with you?

Last edited by Catmando; 02-22-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:43 PM
Registered

OMG - screw this sh!t. I read 1/3 of this thread. I can spend my free time a little better. Look - I can take off a few weeks in the summer. Someone line us up a boat and some permission slips? I wonder if the government would pay us for each boat we capture???
Old 02-22-2011, 09:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
OMG - screw this sh!t. I read 1/3 of this thread. I can spend my free time a little better. Look - I can take off a few weeks in the summer. Someone line us up a boat and some permission slips? I wonder if the government would pay us for each boat we capture???
Hey I can still shoot and I don't get seasick let's go.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
It's international waters. Im surprised the yachting community doesnt just hire a blackwater typr team and take care of the situation. woud be cheap and effective.
That was my proposed solution... Of course I offered my services instead of theirs, but I couldn't agree with you more.

One guy with a sniper rifle would keep these idiots from boarding any boat.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Registered

i'll drive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.