Notices

wHICH WOULD YOU PICK?

Old 02-24-2011, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Krypto. I prefer sit downs and like the styling.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/mastercr.../6/WN7n5FdwMGA Vs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehklDnTS_Bs

Pantera all the way. Grate lakes water is nothing to play around with. Krypt is a sweet boat but i would stick with Pantera. If your looking to talk to someone with a 28 Pantera that runs it in the great lakes send OPA a PM. Guys name is Bill.

Last edited by slpcamaross97; 02-24-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

sorry i don't agree with the 28 is a 28 statements, there are alot of factors that come into play with 28 ft boats ; weight, balance, power ratio, deadrise etc.

as far as between the 2 i would say Pantera.

But my choice would be Apache
Old 02-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97
http://www.youtube.com/user/mastercr.../6/WN7n5FdwMGA Vs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehklDnTS_Bs

Pantera all the way. Grate lakes water is nothing to play around with. Krypt is a sweet boat but i would stick with Pantera. If your looking to talk to someone with a 28 Pantera that runs it in the great lakes send OPA a PM. Guys name is Bill.
Did you just compare experienced racers in a sanctioned race with a trottleman and driver to an average boater going on a daily cruise out of the inlet? Lets not forget you comparing on board camera to a heli shot. Jesus........christ. Sorry guys. Respect all of your opinions. Few said it very well. They're both the best of the best for what they are, sit down and stand up. If you want a stand up, pantera. If you want a sit down, kryptonite. A 28 footer is a 28 footer, period.

That's my video by the way. I was going out of the inlet from flat water to TRUE 3's in the matter if seconds. Tough to anticipate in a 28 footer.

Last edited by Mastercraft240; 02-24-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
I think I'd take the deeper freeboard and stand-up found in the Pantera.
I've been in a few Panteras, freeboard is not a term that comes to mind when thinking about their 28. Yeah they have freeboard but it ain't much.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
Did you just compare experienced racers in a sanctioned race with a trottleman and driver to an average boater going on a daily cruise out of the inlet? Lets not forget you comparing on board camera to a heli shot. Jesus........christ. Sorry guys. Respect all of your opinions. Few said it very well. They're both the best of the best for what they are, sit down and stand up. If you want a stand up, pantera. If you want a sit down, kryptonite. A 28 footer is a 28 footer, period.

That's my video by the way. I was going out of the inlet from flat water to TRUE 3's in the matter if seconds. Tough to anticipate in a 28 footer.
Wow, just watched the two vids. Your vid is awesome. How fast were you going? Boat seemed to land well. It actually scared me when you hit the first big wave, holy sh!t! Great vid from behind too! Watched it twice....
Old 02-24-2011, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
I've been in a few Panteras, freeboard is not a term that comes to mind when thinking about their 28. Yeah they have freeboard but it ain't much.
Bingo
Old 02-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it really depends on what you want. I have ridden in both, and own a 29' Kryptonite, and can say that the Krypto is more fun in all water conditions, in that it is a real drivers boat. I spend a fair amount of time out of the water, which is what I enjoy. You will spend more time in the air, it will be faster with equal power (alot faster), and it is a pretty nice ride even for a sit down.

The Pantera is going to be a better riding boat of course, mainly because it is 2000+lbs heavier.

You cannot stand up, and probably cant even sit up straight in a Krypto cabin unless you are short. Pantera has more cabin headroom. The overall cabin size is pretty similar, with the edge IMO going to the Krypto. The cabin is pretty big, but also no frills.

Then there is the speed issue. 650hp will net you 90+mph in the Krypto, but only in the low to mid 70's in the Pantera. Big difference there.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240

Chill. OPA is member here, not an organization. Hence "talk to Bill".

That said, the best? My 29' Phantom...perfect blend of classic lines (hull has magnum lines) and deck is more modern. Oh and built specifically to run lake michigan! No joke, owner of outback had a lakehouse on the water there when he had this one built. Wil took the time to do an extra robust build.

low 70s with 500hp and poor gearing (1.36), be curious to see what it will run with a touch under 700 & a 1.5 drive when spring breaks.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97

In the vid with the Pantera, it is clear what handles better...
The 29 Warlock next to it.

I have to disagree that 28 is 28. My 27 (almost 28) with SB's can run better in larger Lake MI water than a 28 Saber with BB's. Mine is kinda cheating with the boxes, but it flew dead level without them and is very well balanced. The Sabers with BB's always fly bow high.

To answer the original question, I would go with the Krypto.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.