Notices

Buy or can I do better

Old 02-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

i would skip on baja just my opinion...for 28k or so not a lot of boat can be purchased. definitely looking at a single engine sub 30' boat for sure.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some good, some not so good advice. Some just taking shots at Poker, not sure why, guess just some have to.

Things to consider/do when looking at a boat.
1. List where you will boat most of time, some limited time and places you might boat in the future. A good river boat may not work well on a large lake (rough choppy conditions, if plan to go in ocean consider closed cooling or plan for heavy cleaning after every trip.)
2. How many people will be going with, any over night plans, open or enclosed head etc.
3. Have a tow truck that can safely get where you want to go. Does tow vehicle need seating for several adults/children?
4. Search, search, search on line for boats of interest.
5. If at all possible take a test ride.
6. I would not buy a boat that I could not see in person.
7. Get a survey for your final selection. (Not a dealer or owner provided survey/surveyor!)
8. In current economy do not pay asking price.

Good hunting.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja555
It's amazing .. He keeps going and going...And they do nothing about it... Almost like they condone it..
Guys look, the mods aren't condoning anything. Whether or not any of us like what he posts, although very annoying he hasn't broken any rules. Feel free to let him know how you guys feel , but dont start assuming anything with the mods please, I think they do a great job.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://http://www.boattrader.com/lis...owler-97230893

Last edited by andyt25; 02-26-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

dead link?
Old 02-26-2011, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sport 280
Some good, some not so good advice. Some just taking shots at Poker, not sure why, guess just some have to.

Things to consider/do when looking at a boat.
1. List where you will boat most of time, some limited time and places you might boat in the future. A good river boat may not work well on a large lake (rough choppy conditions, if plan to go in ocean consider closed cooling or plan for heavy cleaning after every trip.)
2. How many people will be going with, any over night plans, open or enclosed head etc.
3. Have a tow truck that can safely get where you want to go. Does tow vehicle need seating for several adults/children?
4. Search, search, search on line for boats of interest.
5. If at all possible take a test ride.
6. I would not buy a boat that I could not see in person.
7. Get a survey for your final selection. (Not a dealer or owner provided survey/surveyor!)
8. In current economy do not pay asking price.

Good hunting.
thanks ill try to give you a little more info.
1-i will mostly be on a big lake.lake champlain and some river time.
2-will be 2-5 people.
3-have a 2500hd crew cad for tow vehicle
Old 02-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sport 280
dead link?
I don't know it just wouldn't come up just go to their site
Old 02-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Guys look, the mods aren't condoning anything. Whether or not any of us like what he posts, although very annoying he hasn't broken any rules. Feel free to let him know how you guys feel , but dont start assuming anything with the mods please, I think they do a great job.
Very well put! Mastercraft240 has it out for the kid and must search his username on the hour to comment on something right after him. Everyone should leave the kid alone because everyone on here gives there opinion on what someone should buy but in the end the buyer can only make that decision himself.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:17 PM

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...&&ywo=miboats&

any thoughs on this boat or anyone know it?
Old 02-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by fctyson0
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...&&ywo=miboats&

any thoughs on this boat or anyone know it?
I don't know anything on that particular boat but having 3 years seat time in one I can tell you they are a nice riding boat.
Having discussed the 280 Silencer at great lengths here, the 502 equipped many are claiming 68-70 mph...and some more speed.
The boat is a big 28, actually 27'-7" long to be exact.
Good freeboard height, the cuddy is relatively deep, good sized v birth although not a lot of head room ( you can't sit up on the bed) altogether a very well built boat.
Lots of storage under the hatch, rear seat, the closet in the cuddy holds a lot as well as a huge and I mean huge glove box.
This boat has been for sale for a long time , price has dropped, owner at this point should be motivated.
I have hundreds of pics of my boat I could send you for details and reference.- just sold it last month!!

The bimini and camper enclosure is a bonus imo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.