Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What to do with  boat with no title and bank doesnt want??!! >

What to do with boat with no title and bank doesnt want??!!

Notices

What to do with boat with no title and bank doesnt want??!!

Old 03-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
A $25k note on a Sea Doo....?

X2...a SeaDoo....
Old 03-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Yeah the lean amt threw me at first as well...(on a seadoo!?!)but looking into it more the seadoo Challenger boats are not cheap!! Depending on what options it has it can range from 16-24K in this market!
I'm trying to get the info on who the bank is etc and see where this may lead me.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 03-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

when most people mention seadoo they think the sealice....this is the twin engine 18' boat on trailer

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 03-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw one on Ebay awhile ago, it was 40K plus! Twin supercharged 4 strokes over 500HP, Yikes!
Old 03-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I wonder how they reconcile that? I mean they have a title and no cash, you have a boat. Do they just write it off and jam the crap out of your credit? If there is no good faith effort to sell it can they just say you owe them all of it even though they could auction it off and reduce your debt? I know of a boat that the guy hasn't made a payment in almost 2 years and they haven't even called him yet, not a word.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

i dont know...maybe they wait till either get a bailout from the feds or till its more convenient for them to pursue it.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

If they were dumb enough to allow $a $25k not on a Sea Doo, they may be dumb enough to take a really low ball offer on it. It is all about timing. If they want it off the books, they will make it happen at any price they can get now. If they do not want to take the hit right now, it would not be available at any price less than the note. If you like the boat, give it a shot!
Old 03-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Banned

I am not a lawyer, but I think there is a way to get a title on the ski without the banks involvement. I assume your neighbor just doesn’t want it, so let him abandon it on your property, then you have to place ads in the legal registered newspaper where you live and if nobody stakes a claim to it, you can get a replacement title in your name. If the bank truly wants no part of it, you can clean up ownership and get a title in a lot of states. I think you may have to claim to have done some work on it(full detail) or just that it was abandoned at your property. Look into this, as we have done it with vehicles left at our place of business in Georgia. I think the key is if the owner just doesn’t want it back or does not respond to the ad in the legal paper of record, it is fair game. I am sure the bank will go after your neighbor sooner or later, but they do not want a jet ski, they will probably get a judgment. The banks in Fla have bigger fish to fry at this time, I am sure.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

I mean really who needs a title, buy some numbers find a state sticker slap it on the sides and go.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Registered

I can get you a clean title. I will charge you a fee of course, but it will be small compared to what the bank wants. I can also get one for the trailer. Let me know. If you dont want it I would be willing to give him some money for the boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.