Cigarette 50' Marauder: Better Than Ever

Notices

Cigarette 50' Marauder: Better Than Ever

Old 03-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,224 Posts
Default Cigarette 50' Marauder: Better Than Ever

Another highlight (at least for me) from the Miami Boat Show Poker Run, http://boatermouth.com//index.php?vi...ntent&Itemid=8.

This one is so ... substantial.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would agree it was my favorite V in the show. But a 50' cig, timeless paint and lines, with 1350's to boot! What's not to like?
Old 03-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 60 Posts

It's not a new boat? Your article calls it a redo & repower?
I'm anxious to see how it performs with the 1350's
Old 03-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Boat (and matching 20) were top notch....Phil definitely deserves to be mentioned for his efforts as well.

The co-branding makes you wonder if the iconic brand really needs partners on the water. Ducati makes a nice bike but a 20K motorcycle really has very little to do with a 600K+ boat. The AMG collaboration last year was a closer match, being a new SLS is 200K and that boat was 800K+ and it could be rationalized that an owner of a SLS would potentially be an owner of that caliber of boat. The rationalization doesn't play out as well for a 20K motorcycle.

Hats off to Skip for trying new alliances but not sure Cig needs them.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by Tiki Joe
It's not a new boat? Your article calls it a redo & repower?
I'm anxious to see how it performs with the 1350's
The 50' Marauder reportedly had its deck extended and restyled, including getting a new windshield. The goal was to "make it look more like a Cigarette."

Also, according to my source at Cigarette, the hull was modified substantially to work better with twin 1350s. That makes sense, given that the model has been set up with triple engines before.

So while I personally wouldn't call the 50' Marauder a brand-new model, I would say it has been substantially redesigned and, as I said in my story "redone."

Using the word "repower" implied the boat was used and power had been swapped out. Poor choice of words, but I was trying to keep it tight. What I meant was that the boat, which has traditionally been set up with triples was now set up with 1350 twins.

Hope this clarifies.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Boat (and matching 20) were top notch....Phil definitely deserves to be mentioned for his efforts as well.

The co-branding makes you wonder if the iconic brand really needs partners on the water. Ducati makes a nice bike but a 20K motorcycle really has very little to do with a 600K+ boat. The AMG collaboration last year was a closer match, being a new SLS is 200K and that boat was 800K+ and it could be rationalized that an owner of a SLS would potentially be an owner of that caliber of boat. The rationalization doesn't play out as well for a 20K motorcycle.

Hats off to Skip for trying new alliances but not sure Cig needs them.
I don't know, Jupe, a $20,000 motorcycle seems pretty spendy to me, just as a $200,000 luxury performance vehicle and $800,000 go-fast boat seem spendy to me. Point being, expensive fast toys are expensive fast toys. If you try to parse who will buy what based on the relative costs of each item, I think you miss the bigger picture of cross-marketing on luxury items in general and go-fast luxury items in particular.

Will it work? I have no idea.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

I agree with Matt, Phil did an amazing job on the boat as well as incorporating a number of changes to the existing 50 which included bringing the fairing back 3 ft to get a longer more "Cigarette" look as well as bringing the turbos forward and added spacing between them in the stagger for better CG. The cabin entrance was also slightly changed to allow easier access and this 50 has multiple additional bulkhead stringers to stiffen the boat. Pearl white interior looked great too!
Old 03-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no pics??????? i know very needy
Old 03-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cigarette is at the top of their game.............gorgeous V bottoms!
Old 03-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who is working for Cig that makes changes on hull design to go from triple to twins?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.