Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jmeng, gotta wise up at some point haha
Old 03-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by machloosy
I hear ya. To me thats fancy chit lol. I'm excited just to own my little small block 233LS. That 272 Formula would be SWEET
Yea sweet little boat. Sold it cheap to 6800. twin sbc alphas on trailer. you will have fun with the 233
-Mike
Old 03-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sleev-les
lol great trade.
Definitely came out ahead in that deal.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Yea sweet little boat. Sold it cheap to 6800. twin sbc alphas on trailer. you will have fun with the 233
-Mike
Eh she's a single omc 260... Needs tons more lol
Old 03-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Registered

Young guns - dont get too caught up in what others have. It could get you in to trouble for a long time. Wait until you can afford what you want. I know people who have a nice boat and live in a rented trailer.?? . I'm not knocking that but I know they could be less stressed if they had their resorces in order before they bought expensive toys. It makes the trip to the lake much better when you can afford it.
We are in our mid 30's have no kids, 4 incomes, no car/truck/credit card pymts but it took several years for it to come together. It is because of this that we are able to buy and enjoy our place at the lake as much as we do. I'm not saying we have an over abundence of resorces, I'm saying we choose to not spend it on the monthly pymnts for cars or credit cards ect. . Instead, we bought a place at the lake. Life is good. I'm blessed.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I guess I am old now that I am 30 but I did get my Apache when I was 26.
To sort of echo what Jim said, I actually waited a couple years to get what I wanted so I wouldn't be trading up right away.

I could have gotten a smaller twin engine boat right out of College at 22 or 23 years old but instead I waited till I could get what I knew I would be happy with for several years. We also opted to buy a place at the lake before we bought the toy for the lake.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by lotojim
Young guns - dont get too caught up in what others have. It could get you in to trouble for a long time. Wait until you can afford what you want. I know people who have a nice boat and live in a rented trailer.?? . I'm not knocking that but I know they could be less stressed if they had their resorces in order before they bought expensive toys. It makes the trip to the lake much better when you can afford it.
We are in our mid 30's have no kids, 4 incomes, no car/truck/credit card pymts but it took several years for it to come together. It is because of this that we are able to buy and enjoy our place at the lake as much as we do. I'm not saying we have an over abundence of resorces, I'm saying we choose to not spend it on the monthly pymnts for cars or credit cards ect. . Instead, we bought a place at the lake. Life is good. I'm blessed.
very well put, i work with young guys that always try to have the best and newest of things, then they see my newly built house, new boat, nice cars and truck but don't realize it takes alot of smart decisions in your 20's to be able to afford these things when 30, unless you have a golden spoon to eat off of, only debt is house and boat, btw i'm 33, married with no kids, just our rotti
Old 03-09-2011, 12:44 AM
Banned

jim and bay watch hit it on the nose.....

at 14 i had cut grass for two years to buy a new 8 foot, yes 8 foot aqua lark with a 25 hp merc that i upgraded to the merc 25 xs... 48 mph what a ride....

grandpa had a 23 velocity, i took it over when i was 16 ( mom and dad bought me a 84 firebird when i was 17, which was 92) so had the car covered... gramps charged me 200 bucks a month til paid for....

in 96 i was 21 and bought a 94 28 skater from Big thunder Marine.... and back then 100 was in the top 15 or 20 boats on loto.....70 gallons of fuel and two gallons of oil a weekend... went everywhere, raced it a couple times with apba in biloxi and galveston... what a rush with alcone on one side and mercury racing/whm on the other we were running low 100's and they blew passed us in the fog of the 97 worlds in biloxi like we were dragging an anchor...i actually looked at the tach to make sure the boat was still running...

in feb 98 bought a new 99 32 active thunder to campaign in the new f-2 class ran a few races with it and then people started building race boats for the f-2 class instead of pleasure boats....so i went poker running.... sold the skater ran the the AT for 3 more years, got married, got divorced...lost everything.... took me 7 years to get back in the saddle with a 42 trip fountain.....and have been buying, updating and upgrading, and selling the last couple years, working my way back up...... but no financing this time....never know when the slow times are gonna hit and I got caught twice loaded with debt and no way to keep up.... what a crappy feeling...... no car, cc, or boat loans since 05......i live on loto and it kills me knowing i have had nicer but i will keep buying in the under 50-75 k range and work my way back up to where i want to be.... ts guns are in the lower 100's now and that seems to be the perfect weapon for where/how i boat......

Last edited by Jesse James; 03-09-2011 at 12:46 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-09-2011, 01:50 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by machloosy
wow this thread blew up!!! I had no idea this many guys would jump on it! Some of the guys have some seriously nice boats!!! That'd be you endevor!!!
thanks and I hope no animosity is headed my way. I have been very fortunate and lucky. And said before, life choices make a big difference. Txhouse is a very close friend and said what he did (selling his 572ci) boat. FAMILY FIRST, and I'm in the process of that but have every intention of keeping my BT then moving on to a 43 v bottom nortech as does txhouse.

I'm glad there is so much young interest in "our" sport and wish u all continued success

Chris
Old 03-09-2011, 04:21 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

@24 bought a clean old 26 wellcraft nova II

had a munchkin@ age 26 needed more room.......

I'm 28 now and just traded in the nova on a 1990, 38 fountain last weekend

now just waiting for this snow to melt...............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.