Notices

Where to Stay in Havasu?

Old 02-14-2011, 09:28 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to Stay in Havasu?

We are going to Havasu in a couple of weeks and need some recommendations on where to stay. We have never been there before. Any ideas?
Old 02-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Most stay at the Nauti Inn. That's where we always stay. Book early though.
Eddie
Old 02-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Registered

If you need beaching or dock, the Nautical or London Bridge Resort.

If you plan on launching daily try the Heat Hotel or Kingsview Condo's

FYI: The Nautical is currently undergoing a big construction project, so you may consider the LBR.

Todd
Old 02-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Registered

We have a condo on the island near the channel that we rent to fellow boaters. Unfortunately it is not available until late April (snowbirds rent all winter). Here is a link for more info:

http://www.performanceboats.com/othe...on-rental.html
Old 02-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jsantos12
We have a condo on the island near the channel that we rent to fellow boaters. Unfortunately it is not available until late April (snowbirds rent all winter). Here is a link for more info:

http://www.performanceboats.com/othe...on-rental.html
It looks real nice. It sounds like it is available during Desert Storm. If I could wait it would be great. Thanks, Dan
Old 02-14-2011, 11:58 AM
Registered

I want to go out and rent a Houseboat and just go out to spots every night but they charge so much for even a small one it's not worth it for just 2 of us, maybe with 2-3 couples it would be worth it. I wish you could get a better rate when you a 40 year old boater thats not going to trash it unlike a 21 year old on spring break with 15 retards with you that are.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

we stay at the nautical inn when we go their.they have water toys for the kids and you can beach your boat for over night stays.. ask about boat docking it if you choose to go else were,their are not many places to dock over night and if you do make sure your ropes are loose,the river is like high tide and low tide..also if you decide to go to the party cove keep a eye on how deep the water your boat is in ,,the river levels drop through out the day and you could be stuck in the sand until they open the doors on the dam to let more water in..I think their is also a legnth limit for the main ramp at lake havasu,somthing like 35'..

One more thing you will notice,if you have polished props they wont be after a day of boating,their is something in the water that makes the props loose their shine but you can polish them back out again..

http://www.nauticalinn.com/
Old 02-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 2,957 Likes on 981 Posts

In a couple weeks it will not be busy yet but the weather should be starting to warm up. We were there last wed. And it was in the high 60's.

Where to stay?

The nautical is on the water, has it's own launch ramp and is the base camp / host hotel for desert storm (so you'll prob recognize it). You can beach your boat. Down side is, they're doing construction on a new pool area and guest reg.

The London bridge resort is right down the channel. Decent rooms, docks for your boat and it's on the water. No ramp though.

The heat hotel is across the channel from the LBR and it is by far the nicest hotel in the city. Small hotel, right on the water. Down side is no boat parking and kinda pricey.

Those would be my top 3 picks.

Doing anything special out there? Or just passing through? Did you end up getting that Eliminator?
Old 02-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Banned

Hi Tank,
Yes, I did buy the 36 Speedster from Tim at OCM. We are meeting him there to actually take delivery of the new boat and try some different props that Herring has sent us. One set is the new Titanium. But the main purpose is to dial in the new ride somewhere warmer than Portland. Thanks to everyone for all the information. I can't wait top get there! Dan
Old 02-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 2,957 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
Hi Tank,
Yes, I did buy the 36 Speedster from Tim at OCM. We are meeting him there to actually take delivery of the new boat and try some different props that Herring has sent us. One set is the new Titanium. But the main purpose is to dial in the new ride somewhere warmer than Portland. Thanks to everyone for all the information. I can't wait top get there! Dan
Right on bro! Congrats!!

That's awesome and after our talk I definitely think you made the right choice!!

I didn't realize you bought it from OCM. I actually just met and spent some time with Tim on Wed in Havasu - really good dude.

Make sure you keep us up to date on the trip! Pics, speeds, misc details etc.

Have fun man.

Tank

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.