Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   RF Powerboats "What does RF Really Stand For ?" (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/249162-rf-powerboats-what-does-rf-really-stand.html)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-10-2011 08:04 PM

RF Powerboats "What does RF Really Stand For ?"

Really Fast ? I'm not buying that although I am sure they will be...

Reggie Fountain ? We all would assume.....

Now with certain things happening lately, could it be we may have a collaboration effort in the future ? :party-smiley-004:

I would like to think it could stand for:

Reggie / Fiore Powerboats :eek:

Just think of the huge possibilities that can come out of two great boat builders getting together ?

Each of them having a passion for the hi performance boat industry like no other...

Is it possible the two rivals may have something up their sleeves to keep this industry moving forward ??? :confused:

Perhaps this could be a good sign..... :drink:

A photo shot just yesterday during a boat test in North Carolina.

Photos and information need to be kept confidential until the boat makes its debut..

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/im...p319466572.jpg

VetteSteve 03-10-2011 08:14 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm :circle:
Sounds like something is in the works!
Time will tell.

dykstra 03-10-2011 08:23 PM

Awe Hell!!!

cosmic12 03-10-2011 08:34 PM

Real Funny:lolhit:

MARINE UNLIMITED 03-10-2011 08:35 PM

Tim, hope that's not photo shop ....i:evilb:

99fever27 03-10-2011 08:38 PM

It's from Reggie 3's Facebook page...

RaggedEdge 03-10-2011 08:42 PM

Claim is it's "Real Fast", but any way you cut it if RF is in the mix it will not be a slug. My guess is using RF to start allows RF to be connected and then make an easy change over after he gets the legal Ok to place his own name on a new boat line in the future. In the mean time we all know he is in this new deal. RF, in any form = Real Fast Boats!!! :drink:

Cash Bar 03-10-2011 08:47 PM

Still wearin the Fountain logos though.

Mastercraft240 03-10-2011 09:04 PM

The water was too cold to water test the boat in RI. Water temp near Reggie was good. And I bet Reggie didn't mind an OL screaming past the his old factory.

blume 03-10-2011 09:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES (Post 3347563)
Really Fast ? I'm not buying that although I am sure they will be...

Reggie Fountain ? We all would assume.....

Now with certain things happening lately, could it be we may have a collaboration effort in the future ? :party-smiley-004:

I would like to think it could stand for:

Reggie / Fiore Powerboats :eek:

Just think of the huge possibilities that can come out of two great boat builders getting together ?

Each of them having a passion for the hi performance boat industry like no other...

Is it possible the two rivals may have something up their sleeves to keep this industry moving forward ??? :confused:

Perhaps this could be a good sign..... :drink:

A photo shot just yesterday during a boat test in North Carolina.

Photos and information need to be kept confidential until the boat makes its debut..

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/im...p319466572.jpg

I heard he was doing something else???????

Roger 03-10-2011 09:12 PM

Ha Ha thats real funny. Reggie and Mike. I'm still laughing.

bojoe2 03-11-2011 02:50 AM

let me see! love, hate I guess so... :)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-11-2011 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by blume (Post 3347630)
I heard he was doing something else???????

There is no doubt Reggie is weighing "ALL" his options ..... ;)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-11-2011 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by 99fever27 (Post 3347601)
It's from Reggie 3's Facebook page...

Yes, it is.

I requested permission to use it and gave him a photo credit on the bottom right... ;)

DollaBill 03-11-2011 06:22 AM

strange. OL can def use some "reggie" personality

Catastrophe 03-11-2011 06:29 AM

Good find with the pic Tim.

I just cant see that combination happening.
I see Mutual Respect and Fiercely Competitive in that photo but with that said I cant imagine them in 1 camp.
And thats a good thing.

Both great builders.

Baja555 03-11-2011 07:40 AM

Real FAke hair.......

OL40SVX 03-11-2011 08:35 AM

I was waiting for when someone was going to post this pic!:D

SS930 03-11-2011 08:43 AM

Dan and Mike have everything under control at OL.

OldSchool 03-11-2011 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 3347899)

ROFLMAO!!! :D

Good luck to Reggie whatever he does!!

animalhouse 03-11-2011 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 3347788)
strange. OL can def use some "reggie" personality

Bill, everybody can use some Reggie Personality. He has plenty of it to go around, and he is an electric individual.

Interceptor 03-11-2011 11:40 AM

I think it would be good if we didn't hear a thing from RF until he's built a boat. If all this merger speculation is true he's looking to spend someone else's money.
ed

OL40SVX 03-11-2011 01:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 3347899)

RF....together....

Cash Bar 03-11-2011 03:21 PM

Reggie
Mike
Fountain
Fiore

I like it.
RMFF Powerboats

Really
Mother
Fockin
Fast

Back4More 03-11-2011 04:10 PM

Wonder Twin Powers.... activate!

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-11-2011 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND (Post 3347792)
Good thing is right the prices will be huge as it is add OL they will be out of reach for most!

Andrew, You would be surprised.

It is my understanding that OL has been designing and building boats in a much more efficient way that cuts down on the actual man hours and materials needed to build their boats which in turn will make them more affordable to most buyers.

Having done this, the only thing left to drive up prices is the price of crude oil which is tied to making the resins. That alone effects all boat manufacturers...

I heard about 3 weeks ago, a 55 gallon drum of Vinyl Ester was in the $2,000 range... :eek:

Fortunately OL uses and RESIN IMPREGNATOR so there is full control on how much resin is used or needed for the cloth.:drink:

animalhouse 03-11-2011 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES (Post 3348275)

It is my understanding that OL has been designing and building boats in a much more efficient way that cuts down on the actual man hours and materials needed to build their boats which in turn will make them more affordable to most buyers.

Having done this, the only thing left to drive up prices is the price of crude oil which is tied to making the resins. That alone effects all boat manufacturers...

I heard about 3 weeks ago, a 55 gallon drum of Vinyl Ester was in the $2,000 range... :eek:

Fortunately OL uses and RESIN IMPREGNATOR so there is full control on how much resin is used or needed for the cloth.:drink:

Tim,

Spot on. The new generation Outerlimits have been designed to be constructed more efficiently than the older build methods. That in combination with our efforts to go factory direct have brought the pricing structure under what people would expect for OL.

Haley'sComet 03-11-2011 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES (Post 3348275)

On a sidebar...

The oil companies are also using a type of "Impregnator" in the sale of oil...

It's called the "Shaft Impregnator"

:evilb:

precisiondetails 03-11-2011 07:09 PM

New pic n RF 3 fb page has a bad lookin canopy boat in the background of a pic with Mike and Reggie.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-11-2011 07:10 PM

Going FACTORY DIRECT is like buying a house with no Real Estate agent.. Big Savings ! :drink:

No shortage of high performance shops to service them either !! ;)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-12-2011 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND (Post 3348491)
Just like making calenders your self with computer!Big savings:op:

Yes, providing you have the content to make the calendars and a printer to do so that will make the quality you like.

I do not print anything myself. I leave it all up to the Professional Labs to do my printing so the best quality in paper and color can be produced for my customers.

My job is to produce the image and if a custom calendar is requested, then additional labor to add any text or custom graphics. Quite frankly, for me to put the man hours in to produce a calendar, I actually lose money on them. If someone orders a calendar with a stock photo, there isn't much profit on those as well.

I do calendar posters as a courtesy to some of my best customers...

I suppose we can go back to talking about boats now ??? :evilb: