Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Cigarette/Lincon T.V. comercial >

Cigarette/Lincon T.V. comercial

Notices

Cigarette/Lincon T.V. comercial

Old 05-21-2002, 10:39 PM
Sunsation 32

Default Cigarette/Lincon T.V. comercial

I saw a comercial on tv where a guy is driving a new Lincon out of the Keys and there is a huge Cig. riding beside the hwy. The guy in the car looks at the Cig and says man I gotta get one of those someday. Then they show the guy driving the Cig. and he looks at the car and says man I gotta get one of those some day! Really cool as hell tv comercial. You can also hear the motors in the Cig. and it sounds like its got really big power.

Old 05-21-2002, 10:44 PM
OCBlondie

Sunsation32, I saw the same comm. on Sun. with Board God 1 and he thinks the boat is an Outerlimits. Kewl shot anyway.

OCB

Old 05-21-2002, 10:52 PM
Sunsation 32

I just got a glimse of the boat. My wife was going ooo! ooooo!! ooooo!!! I just ran into the room to see what the orgasm was about. She said she thought it was a Cig. Anyway really cool big boat.

Old 05-22-2002, 12:00 AM
HavasuCat

Looked like a Top Gun to me.

Old 05-22-2002, 12:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looked like Phil Lipship to me as the passenger............................what do you think?
Old 05-22-2002, 12:15 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

I don't know if it was Philly indeed sitting "gun" That is Rob Shins boat "Rice Hauler" A Lip Ship Edition T/S gun. Thing is bad ass!!! Rob is an OSO member, though he doesn't get on here much...goes by the name "rice hauler"

Tank

Last edited by thisistank; 05-29-2002 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-22-2002, 08:08 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice job Rob!!! I've got to hang out with you more often

Scott + Mary
Old 05-28-2002, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Hey, has anyone else seen this commercial yet?? I still haven't seen it. When are they running it and on what channels? The big 3?

Tank
Old 05-29-2002, 09:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

Lincoln came to Lip-Ship on this project just over a month ago.
They picked the boat out of his "Stable" and Phil did the rest.

As I understand it they had done a lot of test marketing and focus group research beforehand. And discovered that this association with Offshore Boating and Cars was off the scale in terms of positive response. DUH!

They were specific in their request for a Cigarette, no Fountains, Scarabs, Bajas, Donzi's etc. Don't know why but they got what they wanted.

The commercial filmed over two days and all the actors were professionals. Phil tells me anytime that you see the drivers back then that's probably him but otherwise he's in the cabin hoping that they don't gound my boat on anything.

I have not seen the ad yet myself, and am very anxious too. But I am tickled that my friends that have seen it say that the boat has a major role. Finally Offshore gets some respect and film other than Drug Busts on America's Most Wanted.

Well best to all the Happy Boating,

Rice Hauler.
Old 05-29-2002, 10:21 PM
cast

Talking 38 CIG

WHATS UP ROB HOW THE DRIVE

Quick Reply: Cigarette/Lincon T.V. comercial

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.