Notices

Egmont Key - West FL.

Old 06-06-2002, 10:25 AM
jokerswild

Cool Egmont Key - West FL.

Anyone interested in having a little get together this sat/sun over at egmont? I heard the weather might be a lil shifty in the afternoon , but the mornings are perfect. How 'bout it?

Old 06-06-2002, 10:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Nick, what's going on, Buddy?
We're probably in for that, we're definately going boating.
My old man is coming into town for a visit and I'm sure he won't object.

Scattered T-storms for both days.

SATURDAY
SOUTHEAST WIND 10 KNOTS...BECOMING ONSHORE NEAR THE
COAST DURING THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 FEET. BAY AND INLAND WATERS A
LIGHT CHOP. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

SUNDAY AND MONDAY
EAST WIND 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET. BAY
AND INLAND WATERS A MODERATE CHOP IN EXPOSED AREAS. SCATTERED SHOWERS
AND THUNDERSTORMS.

Where do you guys usually anchor out. We usually go on this coast:
Attached Thumbnails Egmont Key - West FL.-chart.jpg  
Old 06-06-2002, 11:13 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going to pick up our Formula 242 today or tomorrow. We plan on going out somewhere to get some seat time in the boat anyway, Egmont is a good a spot as any. Where at the island are you thinking? I'm gonna need plenty of room for anchoring, as this will be my first time with twins and separate throttle and shift levers. I damn sure not gonna try getting into Shell Island the first time out, unless I can get an icebreaker attachment for the bow.

Debbie will probably want to run over to Passage afterward.
Old 06-06-2002, 11:23 AM
jokerswild

Hey nice job on the map either you had this map before or you're bored at work! which is it? Depending on the seas, we'll anchor anywhere where its fairly calm, but anchor around the broken up fort on the southwest end. Its deep water and i like skin diving around the broken up fort, usually get a good shot of a jewfish or hhead shark lurking in the dark underwater rooms. But Sat will be a definite! Lets hook up.

nick

Old 06-06-2002, 11:30 AM
jokerswild

BTW Cuda- there's plenty of deep water out there, no worries with running shallow like shell isl. We need a hook-up spot, and maybe do a run out to a bar/grill for some eats later on in the day...

Old 06-06-2002, 11:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Cuda, Ya I remember your post last week. Nice Formula, but you're psyched for the maiden voyage! Cool, We'll pretty much be where I indicated on the chart(about 100 yards south of the light house). It tends to be the calmest side(since the winds usually approach from the gulf-onshore in the afternoons).

It's a good deep water approach, and about 4 feet deep from land until about 50' out. Perfect for anchoring. It is also the least crowded side, I think, plenty of room.

Wassup Nick? Bored at work is the answer, I'm afraid...But that's short-lived. Haha

Saturday sounds cool, seems to be the better weather.
Old 06-06-2002, 11:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Speaking of shell key...I not sure I'll be going there much longer.
The last few time were near disasters. The channel is just too fugged-up lately...Too shallow and too many IDIOTS!
Old 06-06-2002, 12:27 PM
jokerswild

I hear ya-Shell isl. is only good for a quick stop if you're heading in from a long offshore day. But as far as i'm concerned, they can dedicate that north part of shell a bird sanctuary, and leave the rest of the islands alone. Talk to ya.

Old 06-06-2002, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Nick, who are you calling a IDIOT!!!
Old 06-06-2002, 01:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sorry, dude...but that's how I really feel!
Just kiddin'....

Man, 99% of the people there fit that description just fine. Hell, last time I almost got smacked good twice. The time before that I did get smacked and the time before that(when I met you there, Mike) you remember what happened....

Quick Reply: Egmont Key - West FL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.