Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Progressive Ins. wants to buy my boat??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/249333-progressive-ins-wants-buy-my-boat.html)

rchevelle71 03-14-2011 01:20 PM

Progressive Ins. wants to buy my boat???

Just got a call from a theft investigator at progressive wanting to buy my boat, says his client had the same boat that was stolen, and he is looking to replace it with mine. Is this guy serious, or is he fishing around??

drpete3 03-14-2011 01:24 PM

Man, that sounds wierd to me. Who could he call to see if this is legit?

RunninHotRacing163.1 03-14-2011 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by rchevelle71 (Post 3350005)
Just got a call from a theft investigator at progressive wanting to buy my boat, says his client had the same boat that was stolen, and he is looking to replace it with mine. Is this guy serious, or is he fishing around??

tell him to bank wire ya the $$$ by 5.00 2day and pick her up 2morrow :drink: you'll know just how SERIOUS he is wont you ????

CigDaze 03-14-2011 01:27 PM

That sounds pretty messed up.

indywhsle 03-14-2011 01:31 PM

I would call progressive and ask them. I doubt they do that but are most likely looking to hose the guy that had his boat stolen. Maybe he had the replacement value higher than you would sell yours for and are looking to justify not paying up.

rchevelle71 03-14-2011 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by indywhsle (Post 3350022)
I would call progressive and ask them. I doubt they do that but are most likely looking to hose the guy that had his boat stolen. Maybe he had the replacement value higher than you would sell yours for and are looking to justify not paying up.

That is what I was thinking, either that, or they are looking to see if mine is legit. I have to admit, there is a funny paperwork trail on my boat, and there is no HIN on the transom due to replacement transom/glasswork, but due to my frequent posting on the forums, and the 2 previous owners posting along with me, I can prove it has been in my posession for approx 7 years.

huskyrider 03-14-2011 01:36 PM

If this is a for real deal and you have ever given any thought towards selling your boat I'd say "jump on it right now"
I, for my business, bill for insurance claims at a much higher price than what I can ask and get in the open market when a customer is paying his own bill for equal service.

You'd probably get noticeably more for the unit from them than you could trying to move it in the open market, and the check will come instantly.

See ya,
Kelly

rchevelle71 03-14-2011 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1 (Post 3350017)
tell him to bank wire ya the $$$ by 5.00 2day and pick her up 2morrow :drink: you'll know just how SERIOUS he is wont you ????

My friggin phone battery is just about dead(too much beer on Sunday and forgot to charge it), so I let it go to voicemail, I MAY call him back tomorrow.

rchevelle71 03-14-2011 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by huskyrider (Post 3350025)
If this is a for real deal and you have ever given any thought towards selling your boat I'd say "jump on it right now"
I, for my business, bill for insurance claims at a much higher price than what I can ask and get in the open market when a customer is paying his own bill for equal service.

You'd probably get noticeably more for the unit from them than you could trying to move it in the open market, and the check will come instantly.

See ya,
Kelly

I agree, if it is the real deal it would be a no hassle exchange, however in his message, he is already trying to get the price down. I have a # in mind that would make it worthwhile, I need to have some $$ to pay some bills, and get another smaller boat, otherwise this one is paid for, it can sit next to the house for when I can afford to fill the gas tank:drink:

twin screws 03-14-2011 01:46 PM

Do you know who ownes Pregressive, be careful dealing with left wing loons.