Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Factory 2 - Somethings Fishy (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24934-factory-2-somethings-fishy.html)

NYSpeeddemon 05-22-2002 01:01 AM

Factory 2 - Somethings Fishy

First I would like to say i am new to the site and I think it's great. I have been reading all of the posts regarding the SBI race and the possibility of cheating. I have been jumping back and forth from the SBI site to the APBA site and I must say it does appear there may be something going on. If you look at the average speeds of F-2 in SBI and F-2 in APBA there is a susbstancial differance actually 5 tp 6 MPH. From talking to people at both events the water was about the same. NOW HERE IS THE INTERSTING PART! Muscle Racing is a SUPER V with (Twin 1000s I believe). Invensys Fountain is a factory 2 with (twin 500's). Now there average speed is only 2 miles an hour less then the super V's. I have a hard time with this. I am dialing in my 37 Outerlimits with twin staggered 500 efi's. I am planing to start racing it in June in SBI. I promise you, If they want my boat in there circuit the first 3 boats are going to be dynoed or I will be putting up my checkbook for The $2500 to have the winners motors torn down. I did not just get done spending over $400k to get beat by racer's using questionble methods or "Bumping it up" as another member referred to in an earlier post.

SUPER V WINNER AVG.SPEED
V-2 Muscle 84.9 85.5 83.7 86.1 27.0 85.11

FACTORY 2 WINNER AVG. SPEED
F2-15 Invensys Fountain 83.2 84.6 85.2 79.4 27.0 83.08

Goodfella 05-22-2002 08:09 AM

Hey NY Speed!
From one Joizy boy to an otherWELCOME TO THE BOARD! FYI The Muscle is running Mercury Racing Super
Vee Class engines. The dyno at approx 750 HP. :cool:

Rico's Revenge 05-22-2002 09:33 AM

NYSpeedDemon...I put a post on here a couple days ago, asking about F2 speeds, I'll bring it back to the top...I asked questions with specifics and got NO answers. Take a look at it, as an ex(it makes the g/f happy to hear that) F2 racer, I found it to be interesting when my friend in SC-Lite told me he got passed by an F2. Ummmm.....big question mark.

Ruben Bermudez 05-22-2002 12:21 PM

More Questions...

Did your pal in the SClite fuel up for a full allotment of laps
on saturday, and then find the races had been cut short due to weather on sunday?

And could he have propped for the reported 2-3ft chop,
and found the race course glass smooth
with the occasional roller?

LOOKED like a F2 boat out there attempting to burn off fuel ?
an hour or so before the green flag dropped...
the stuff weighs what, 6-7lbs a gallon?

Boat Girl 05-22-2002 01:41 PM

Ruben, you were there and you didnt stop by and say hello...next time stop by registration...Yup you are right that an F2 boat was out running, I think for the reason that you stated...but the water did calm down, glass would be a good description...Saturday however, it was a little different...wouldnt you say...

Rico's Revenge 05-22-2002 02:02 PM

Hey Reuben...

My friend made it a point to look at the GPS when this happened, it was in triple digits. So, fuel or not, small wheels or not, the F2s were screaming.

Ruben Bermudez 05-22-2002 04:48 PM

Simple physics?

Soooo, a lighter boat will accelerate faster than a heavier one?

And I counted the blades on the props on one of those
F2 boats, it had five...and they were real high up,
and real close together.

And the only people I see complaining about it
seem to be racing in other organizations,
or other classes...humnnn.

BG, I don't want what happened to Goodfella
to happen to me...
I stay in the concrete reinforced bunker
500ft below the old thunderboat row,
and only go out wearing my disguise.

Boat Girl 05-22-2002 04:53 PM

I see your point, Goodfella and I do have differing opinions, but I respect them...As a matter of fact sometimes we have differing opinions, but I respect them as well...

Ruben Bermudez 05-22-2002 05:33 PM

simple

If there were no differences of opinion,
there'd be no need for this
message board.

I'd be bored spitless
if everybody agreed with me.

That's why I got married...
so I'd have somebody to argue with
who'd still go home with me.

Rico's Revenge 05-22-2002 05:47 PM

Re: Simple physics?

Originally posted by Ruben Bermudez
Soooo, a lighter boat will accelerate faster than a heavier one?

And I counted the blades on the props on one of those
F2 boats, it had five...and they were real high up,
and real close together.

And the only people I see complaining about it
seem to be racing in other organizations,
or other classes...humnnn.

BG, I don't want what happened to Goodfella
to happen to me...
I stay in the concrete reinforced bunker
500ft below the old thunderboat row,
and only go out wearing my disguise.

Simpler physics...on a straight away, acceleration has what to do with what? The GPS says 100+ and you're being passed by an F2. Why do SBI people have to be DICKS whenever a question is asked?

Hot Duck 05-22-2002 06:53 PM

BoatGirl - I thought that the conditions were better on Saturday than Sunday! :D :D :D

Goodfella 05-22-2002 08:44 PM

Hey Rico!
Humans and animals are very alike, when you ask someone a
question and they go into defensive mode it usaully means
there trying to hide something. Just like if you back a wild animal in a corner you better be ready for a down and dirty BRAWL!

shifter 05-22-2002 11:45 PM

Hp to Weight.
1500 hp to 9200 lbs super Vee.
1080 hp to 8200 lbs svl.
Apples and oranges. Put up a $25,000 prise for fastest lap and the super vee will lap the svl. You only need to go fast enough to win.
pat W

Ruben Bermudez 05-23-2002 06:54 AM

Rename the class

It's NOT an F2.

It has evolved into something
FASTER, lighter,
and NOT available in DEALERSHIPS.

Funny boat. Funny boat. Funny boat.

Now, all we gotta do is get Bennie to imitate John Force,
change the name,
and maybe some fans will show up.

(Rico, everybody in SBI ain't a Dick,
apparently it's just me)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Gordo 05-23-2002 01:50 PM

Re: simple

Originally posted by Ruben Bermudez
I'd be bored spitless
if everybody agreed with me.

That's why I got married...
so I'd have somebody to argue with
who'd still go home with me.

LMAO !!!!
Now THAT was funny !!!

audacity 05-23-2002 02:01 PM

that is funny!

i think we should turn it into something like the WWF and we could kick the **** out of each other in a cage if someone has a protest.... or a year end rumble at worlds between apba and sbi racers!!! yeeeeeaaaah, that's it! make it really blooooody too:D

Blackhawkdn 05-23-2002 05:35 PM

That's why APBA has only one company certifing all of the racing engines. APBA had the same problem before. If you want to make your engines faster get the computer changes from Arizona Speed. The performance increase is excellant for the price.