Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
difference between pantera 28 & scarab 29 >

difference between pantera 28 & scarab 29

Notices

difference between pantera 28 & scarab 29

Old 03-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

I have owned both Panteras and Scarabs, currently Scarab, and while it is true that Pantera builds a quality product, they do have their shortcomings. While from a structural standpoint the Wellcraft Scarabs may not be built quite as well, some of the statements being mad regarding them are a little over the top. They are not shot from a chopper gun, they are a hand laid hull utilizing coring in a number of applications as well as foam/fiberglass stringers. the hull and deck are bonded and thru bolted. There have been several Wellcraft Scarabs that have faired quite well in offshore racing. Overall the fit and finish is pretty good and quite a bit better than some of the other boats mentioned. As for creature comforts that a family might want blended into a sport, or offshore boat, they do a pretty good job of that as well. Certainly better than the other boats mentioned.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
that boat would be great for me if i had no wife and 2 year old girl
I hear ya. Understood.