Cross country boat hauling services >

Cross country boat hauling services

Notices

Cross country boat hauling services

Old 03-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cross country boat hauling services

The boat I have contracted with the seller on is 2000 miles from me. I'd considered having Nextrail delivering a trailer there after the vessel/powertrain surveys and seatrial once the ice is out of the lake in New Hampshire.
Then I considered what missing a week of work driving up and back in the busiest time of my industry (swimming pool construction) is and how much it may set me behind in new gunite scheduling and thought about asking the members here about their experiences with different boat hauling services went.
I'd love to hear more than just about price, which is important but not the final dictator of who I'd sign with. I'd also like to hear about the good and the bad experiences too.
The more I think about this the more I think about having it delivered to our local lake and tying it up to my buddy's dock for a spell while waiting on a trailer. The boat is a 38 Special.

As always, thank you guys and girls for your assistance. Y'all are an incredible source of quality info on anything related to performance boating.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 03-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Registered

Kelly,I have a freind who retired from a trucking company that he sold. He is now hauling boats for Legend Marine Group. He has all of the insurance that is required and authority. He lives about 90 miles north west of Ft Worth. His name is Pete Anderson,give him a call 817-507-5861. His web site is peteandersonboathauling.com
Old 03-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Banned

In the past 6 months, I have had a boat delivered by a hauler and also hauled one myself to Havasu and back to Atlanta. One reason I drove out to Havasu was to make sure my new 36 cat got here in perfect shape. The hauler who brought me a different boat up from Florida tore up my aluminum trailer and had two flat tires. He then left the boat sitting on the side of I-75 while he went to replace the flat tires. Left a bad taste in my mouth. The trip out to Havasu and back towing big cats both ways was a very tiring trip and was also 2000 miles like you are talking about. I spent hundreds of dollars in diesel for my F650 and had four nights in a hotel. I could have had it delivered for $1.25 to a $1.00 a mile, but I wanted to be sure it got here safe. I also missed a lot of work, so it's hard to decide, but at least I don't have repairs to do. Dan
Old 03-16-2011, 08:30 PM
Registered

Kelly,

I'm in NH, and know many boat moving folk in the area that can do this reliably and safely! What is the boat?

If you prefer not to share that online, post me directly at
[email protected]

Mario L.
www.VSR1.com
Old 03-16-2011, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by huskyrider
The boat I have contracted with the seller on is 2000 miles from me. I'd considered having Nextrail delivering a trailer there after the vessel/powertrain surveys and seatrial once the ice is out of the lake in New Hampshire.
Then I considered what missing a week of work driving up and back in the busiest time of my industry (swimming pool construction) is and how much it may set me behind in new gunite scheduling and thought about asking the members here about their experiences with different boat hauling services went.
I'd love to hear more than just about price, which is important but not the final dictator of who I'd sign with. I'd also like to hear about the good and the bad experiences too.
The more I think about this the more I think about having it delivered to our local lake and tying it up to my buddy's dock for a spell while waiting on a trailer. The boat is a 38 Special.

As always, thank you guys and girls for your assistance. Y'all are an incredible source of quality info on anything related to performance boating.

See ya,
Kelly
PM sent.

Thanks, Pat