Class 1 Cat Complete, Outerlimits Eyes V-Bottom Kilo Record >

Class 1 Cat Complete, Outerlimits Eyes V-Bottom Kilo Record

Notices

Class 1 Cat Complete, Outerlimits Eyes V-Bottom Kilo Record

Old 03-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dfealy
Oh yes it will! The question is will it go fast enough to break the Fountain record? That's better said.
The hull is proven 170+ with smaller motors.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:04 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Often, slowing down once you get reach big speed is more challenging than getting there.

Ask John Tomlinson about his Cigarette kilo run experience.
Yes, I heard it was a handful, to put it mildly
Old 03-17-2011, 06:36 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
The hull is proven 170+ with smaller motors.
Nothing is proven until the record is set. If we go down that road, the Fountain saw 183+ on one pass and the 200+ was capable. It will be a fun project without question.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
Nothing is proven until the record is set. If we go down that road, the Fountain saw 183+ on one pass and the 200+ was capable. It will be a fun project without question.

Actually this doesnt sound like fun at all.

Sounds like a waste of money and proves nothing.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
There's several threads about this already. Bottom line is they couldn't break it when the attempted last time and they have had 6 years to try again. Those are facts and are clear. So, obviously, they can use help from the guy who currently holds the record.
thats got to be the craziest thing ive read on this subject. Just because OL didnt break the record in there last attempt doesnt mean they need Reggie to help them. And because they didnt try in the last 6 yrs doesnt mean they need help. It means they were busy building bad ass boats and keeping there doors open during the worst economy most of us have ever, and will ever see.. It means they go back to the drawing board, redesign, and try again... Sort of the American way isnt it?...

i guess only time will tell if OL breaks the record with Reggies help, but in my opinion there would have to be an Astrics at the record!

Also, was the fountain boat that currently holds the record built at fountain or was it one of the skater laid up boats? I've heard a few of the cat killers or fountain kilo boats were skater built, but i never really did hear all the facts from any credible sources.

i think Reggie is the man, so this isnt Reggie hatin, i also think really highly of OL, and every aspect of OL
Old 03-17-2011, 08:33 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Boomer35
thats got to be the craziest thing ive read on this subject. Just because OL didnt break the record in there last attempt doesnt mean they need Reggie to help them. And because they didnt try in the last 6 yrs doesnt mean they need help. It means they were busy building bad ass boats and keeping there doors open during the worst economy most of us have ever, and will ever see.. It means they go back to the drawing board, redesign, and try again... Sort of the American way isnt it?...

i guess only time will tell if OL breaks the record with Reggies help, but in my opinion there would have to be an Astrics at the record!

Also, was the fountain boat that currently holds the record built at fountain or was it one of the skater laid up boats? I've heard a few of the cat killers or fountain kilo boats were skater built, but i never really did hear all the facts from any credible sources.

i think Reggie is the man, so this isnt Reggie hatin, i also think really highly of OL, and every aspect of OL
Ummm, what's crazy or more importantly untrue about these statements?

1. They couldn't break it when they attempted it.
2. It's been 6 years since the last attempt.
3. The man who currently holds the record can be of value to anyone trying to break the record

Please, enlighten everyone
Old 03-17-2011, 09:02 AM
Registered

I know this chase for the elusive record makes for great fodder for this gabfest, but I never understood the value in it.
The object of a boat building company is to sell boats to the public and I dont get how throwing a ton of HP into a speciallized hull aids any of that.

Going 200 in a V bottom for 2 seconds under perfect water coditions is hardly the measure of the product sold to the public.

I suspect that attitude added to the demise in some part, of the company that holds the record.

just my .02
Old 03-17-2011, 09:17 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,234 Posts

For the record, Mike Fiore never said or in any way implied during our hour-long interview (doing a story on Outerlimits that will appear on Boats.com next month) that Reggie Fountain would be helping him with his planned kilo record efforts. So while it's interesting to talk about, at this point it's nothing more than pure speculation because, again, he gave no indication that was part of his plan.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Registered

When I read stuff like this I think of the other side of the coin.

Firstly I dont think you sell one boat by going 180 plus in a custom made,custom powered specialized piece of equipment.
But what you do accomplish is putting 3 groups of people at risk for no real gain.

The obvious group is the immediate families of whoever is in the boat.

The next group is the employees of the company whose income depends on the general good health of the business as well as its owner.

The third group is the existing current owners of that brand of boat. You already have their money but you cant forget that the value of their toy depends on the future existence of the manufacturer and the continued service and product coming forward year after year.

Some company executives arent even allowed to fly in the same plane, let alone attempt 200 mph in an overpowered boat.
With that all being said, I find all this worrisome with respect to the three groups mentioned.

Its real cool to sit on here and cheer them on .

I wish the best for them.........stay home and keep making great boats. This year next year and forever.

OL doesnt have to prove anything to anyone regarding all this considering the risk involved.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
When I read stuff like this I think of the other side of the coin.

Firstly I dont think you sell one boat by going 180 plus in a custom made,custom powered specialized piece of equipment.
But what you do accomplish is putting 3 groups of people at risk for no real gain.

The obvious group is the immediate families of whoever is in the boat.

The next group is the employees of the company whose income depends on the general good health of the business as well as its owner.

The third group is the existing current owners of that brand of boat. You already have their money but you cant forget that the value of their toy depends on the future existence of the manufacturer and the continued service and product coming forward year after year.

Some company executives arent even allowed to fly in the same plane, let alone attempt 200 mph in an overpowered boat.
With that all being said, I find all this worrisome with respect to the three groups mentioned.

Its real cool to sit on here and cheer them on .

I wish the best for them.........stay home and keep making great boats. This year next year and forever.

OL doesnt have to prove anything to anyone regarding all this considering the risk involved.
no disrespect meant here but if we all thought like that we'd still be going 35mph wouldn't we????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.