"Dyno Exploring the 502 EFI" from Hot Boat

Notices

"Dyno Exploring the 502 EFI" from Hot Boat

Old 04-11-2018, 06:54 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
Is this the son Johnny I met in Bimini last year? at the gas dock filling up buddies 32 Fountain that was one of the pace boats for the day

Im in the middle of putting LS engines in my Donzi, maybe I should do something with the heads/cam on the 502MPI engines I pulled out and throw on the engine dyno. What kind of air/fuel and timing do you guys usually run on those things, Im sure alot lazier than we do on our street/drag race stuff
Yes it is! Sure you should, great engines. 12.5/1 afr average. We use Pro Maxx heads on that package. Best bang for the buck there is. No reason to get crazy, they arent race engines. Shoot Jason an email with any questions on it. Hope you're well!
[email protected]
Old 04-11-2018, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
https://www.offshoreonly.com/article...om-stock-power
We've come up with a pretty good formula to balance cost vs power
What exhaust are you using on the 454/502 MAG Stage 1, 2, and 3 upgrades? Thanks in advance!
Old 04-11-2018, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
Yes it is! Sure you should, great engines. 12.5/1 afr average. We use Pro Maxx heads on that package. Best bang for the buck there is. No reason to get crazy, they arent race engines. Shoot Jason an email with any questions on it. Hope you're well!
[email protected]
Interesting I thought youd run much richer A/F ratios than what we do, but thats typically where we head for NA anyway. The LSA blown LSxs going in my Donzi I was thinking Id drive it to 10.5-11:1 a/f but thats prob being super overly conservative then LOL

Ive heard about the Pro Maxx supposed to be a pretty good casting actually especially for the money. I was looking at Summits iron heads as Ive seen tests where they picked up 40 over ported 088 castings and figured that be good enough for $750 but they look more promising still and not much more
Old 04-12-2018, 07:20 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by SecondWind
What exhaust are you using on the 454/502 MAG Stage 1, 2, and 3 upgrades? Thanks in advance!
EMI Thunder