Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iamjoe
I'd love to get a "Free Ben" T-shirt
When your a jet your a jet all the way!
Old 03-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
If they don't start spending some money on promotion, projects, more issues etc. then the magazine will fail. Very simple. T-shirts don't cost much and if they get you subscriptions they are well worth the expense. At least stickers for crying out loud and it is free advertising when people put them on their boat or truck. Money needs to be spent on content too. Not just testing boats and covering races. We need prop tests and projects to follow. Teague on tech is a good column but is largely self serving. JMO and intended constructively because I'd hate to see Powerboat go under but unfortunately that is the way they are headed.
Phuch the T-shirt and i'll still subsribe to the Magazine C'mon now a friggin $15.00 T-shirt you spend more on a round a drinks for your budz or a lap dance tip
Old 03-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 2,972 Likes on 982 Posts

As a close friend to many that work for PBM and as a blogger for PBM, - on behalf of those that work countless hours, pour blood sweat and tears into the mag and truly have their readers best interest in mind, I say thank you for the support. It's definately a trying time right now for print media across the board. This discussion will continue to be argued but I have faith PBM will survive these harsh economic times. The cuts and decisions to down size to weather this storm came with regret but the mag has done what it needs to do to adjust to the industries hard times. I personally don't think the content of the magazine has faultered one bit. However, for some perception is reality and when you perceive the little things that have been done to ensure the magazine survives another 40 years ( as it has for the first 40 ) as negative, then you will focus on negative instead of seeing the positive - the positive being a great product and still the worlds leading performance boating magazine!
Old 03-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Catastrophe
“Its Sunday which is the only reason no one has called the thread starter names yet.”

DollaBill
“What a moron.”

Hey, it’s Monday already in East Asia.

bwdiving

“ I'm sorry to all who can't read between the lines and feel the joking nature that the post was written in.”

Now that’s funny. “Sorry you’re all too stupid to catch my brilliant wit.” You know, it’s like cracking jokes at a fatal car accident. My ex-wife used to work at Hot Boat, and she got canned LOL, my ex-girlfriend was up for a full-time job at NHRA, and they held off on filling it due to reduced revenues LOL. I can’t afford to exhibit at my industry’s biggest trade shows this year, never mind the T-shirts LOL. I might have to let someone go this week, LOL.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Plumb_Gut_Phil
Catastrophe
“Its Sunday which is the only reason no one has called the thread starter names yet.”

DollaBill
“What a moron.”

Hey, it’s Monday already in East Asia.

bwdiving

“ I'm sorry to all who can't read between the lines and feel the joking nature that the post was written in.”

Now that’s funny. “Sorry you’re all too stupid to catch my brilliant wit.” You know, it’s like cracking jokes at a fatal car accident. My ex-wife used to work at Hot Boat, and she got canned LOL, my ex-girlfriend was up for a full-time job at NHRA, and they held off on filling it due to reduced revenues LOL. I can’t afford to exhibit at my industry’s biggest trade shows this year, never mind the T-shirts LOL. I might have to let someone go this week, LOL.
Ut - Oh that suks
Old 03-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Registered

"Ut - Oh that suks"

I'll do anything to avoid it, but our credit union is hedging on a business loan and banks won't even talk to us. Q1 sucked! If I push back my own salary any further it will be non-existent.

Let's hope things pick up soon, for everyone's sake.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
Phuch the T-shirt and i'll still subsribe to the Magazine C'mon now a friggin $15.00 T-shirt you spend more on a round a drinks for your budz or a lap dance tip
I don't need a T-shirt. I have 3 or 4 Hot Boat mag ones so I guess I'll keep giving free publicity to a mag that no longer exists. I got some Donzi ones and Pier 57 ones too. Nuff said. This topic's been beat to death!! Long live PowerBoat!
Old 03-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Charter Member #1528

YEAH... Long live PowerBoat and all the other Powerboat Mags out there!!...
Old 03-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RiverGirl
YEAH... Long live PowerBoat and all the other Powerboat Mags out there!!...
Good to see you back darlin'.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,225 Posts

You know what? Free T-shirts are really cool and for some reason people do feel as passionate about them as they do about the magazine handing them out.

If it makes anyone feel any better, I haven't gotten a free anything from Powerboat in a long, long time. OK, wait, that's not entirely true. My friend, Jason Johnson, Poweboat's editor, has bought me a few beers.

Times are most definitely not what they used to be. That said, I still understand the sentiment bwidiving expressed. Everyone involved with Powerboat does.

But I'll tell you what, bwidiving: I am sure a have couple of decent, mostly unworn shirts from Powerboat in my closet. Send me your name and address via private message and I'll see if I can find something I'm not ashamed of to send you.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 03-20-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.