Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sad day for Powerboat magazine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/249707-sad-day-powerboat-magazine.html)

bwd 03-20-2011 09:50 AM

ll

glassdave 03-20-2011 10:12 AM

I still.Think the mag has great content, got plenty of T shirts. Times are just changing a bit I wouldn't hold not giving away free t shirts against them.

PokerRun388 03-20-2011 10:21 AM

Powerboat Mag is still a great mag...and most OSO members, including myself still enjoy reading it....the economy isn't allowing Powerboat to give away t-shirts, stickers,, etc. so just support powerboat and help them through these tough times....

Audiofn 03-20-2011 10:21 AM

I have spent a few grand on boat parts and never got a T-shirt.... Maybe I have to stop doing business with Bam and Teague.... :D

Indy 03-20-2011 10:23 AM

Do you run a business? These are incredibly tough times and the boating industry as a whole is really taking it hard. Maybe you should support it by continuing your subscription and running down to Wal-Mart or whatever for your clothing. Better yet, buy on from Powerboat and support the enterprise further.

Comanche3Six 03-20-2011 10:26 AM

Somebody has a good supply of "Free Ben" T shirts........Maybe they will chime in and redeem Powerboat Mag for you. LOL!

Formulabill 03-20-2011 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by bwdiving (Post 3354561)
One of my favorite things to do every couple years is to go to the Miami boat show. Talk to a few people, check out the boats, and stop every 50 yards or so to buy beer out of the ice barrels. But the big thing is to buy boat show magazine subscriptions, you know, 5yrs for a hundred bucks and a t-shirt or something like that. I'd hit all the usual players. Poker runs, hotboat and powerboat. This year when I ran across the powerboat booth I was sad. Where were the girls or the free t-shirts. As I looked over the cabinet like a little boy looking for candy I asked some old guy sitting on a stool, "where's the t-shirts? that's what I'm here for". The guy looks at me with a little tude and says "Those days are over!" Well, I said, So is my subscription. If Powerboat magazine can't swing giving me a t-shirt with my 3 or 5 yr subscription why bother. Teague on tech was the best thing in that book anyway.

You keep supporting the magazine and i'll send you a couple of t shirts from the Jacksonville poker run.

Send me an address and enjoy reading about our sport.

Bill Pyburn

Catastrophe 03-20-2011 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by PokerRun388 (Post 3354583)
Powerboat Mag is still a great mag...and most OSO members, including myself still enjoy reading it....the economy isn't allowing Powerboat to give away t-shirts, stickers,, etc. so just support powerboat and help them through these tough times....

Agree 100%

Wrong economy to be looking for extras from anyone in the boat world.

Expensive Date 03-20-2011 11:03 AM

It always makes me laugh that my customers who spend the least are always looking for something free.Its a gift, if given not something that you are entitled to.Take the candy and say thank you.

mikes280 03-20-2011 11:04 AM

i let mine run out for similar reasons but after a while and seeing so many mags go down i felt i had to do my part and resubscribed. The mag is not the same but without people paying it will go away and i hate to see that happen, The articles are still excellent so i may not get them as often but when i do they are very good.