Sad day for Powerboat magazine

Notices

Sad day for Powerboat magazine

Old 03-20-2011, 09:50 AM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ll

Last edited by bwd; 03-20-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 270 Likes on 95 Posts

I still.Think the mag has great content, got plenty of T shirts. Times are just changing a bit I wouldn't hold not giving away free t shirts against them.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 03-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Powerboat Mag is still a great mag...and most OSO members, including myself still enjoy reading it....the economy isn't allowing Powerboat to give away t-shirts, stickers,, etc. so just support powerboat and help them through these tough times....
Old 03-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have spent a few grand on boat parts and never got a T-shirt.... Maybe I have to stop doing business with Bam and Teague....
Old 03-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Do you run a business? These are incredibly tough times and the boating industry as a whole is really taking it hard. Maybe you should support it by continuing your subscription and running down to Wal-Mart or whatever for your clothing. Better yet, buy on from Powerboat and support the enterprise further.

Last edited by Indy; 03-20-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Somebody has a good supply of "Free Ben" T shirts........Maybe they will chime in and redeem Powerboat Mag for you. LOL!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by bwdiving
One of my favorite things to do every couple years is to go to the Miami boat show. Talk to a few people, check out the boats, and stop every 50 yards or so to buy beer out of the ice barrels. But the big thing is to buy boat show magazine subscriptions, you know, 5yrs for a hundred bucks and a t-shirt or something like that. I'd hit all the usual players. Poker runs, hotboat and powerboat. This year when I ran across the powerboat booth I was sad. Where were the girls or the free t-shirts. As I looked over the cabinet like a little boy looking for candy I asked some old guy sitting on a stool, "where's the t-shirts? that's what I'm here for". The guy looks at me with a little tude and says "Those days are over!" Well, I said, So is my subscription. If Powerboat magazine can't swing giving me a t-shirt with my 3 or 5 yr subscription why bother. Teague on tech was the best thing in that book anyway.
You keep supporting the magazine and i'll send you a couple of t shirts from the Jacksonville poker run.

Send me an address and enjoy reading about our sport.

Bill Pyburn
Old 03-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Powerboat Mag is still a great mag...and most OSO members, including myself still enjoy reading it....the economy isn't allowing Powerboat to give away t-shirts, stickers,, etc. so just support powerboat and help them through these tough times....
Agree 100%

Wrong economy to be looking for extras from anyone in the boat world.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It always makes me laugh that my customers who spend the least are always looking for something free.Its a gift, if given not something that you are entitled to.Take the candy and say thank you.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:04 AM
Registered

i let mine run out for similar reasons but after a while and seeing so many mags go down i felt i had to do my part and resubscribed. The mag is not the same but without people paying it will go away and i hate to see that happen, The articles are still excellent so i may not get them as often but when i do they are very good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.