Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Prop selection info. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/249797-prop-selection-info.html)

Sheer Insanity 03-21-2011 05:45 PM

Prop selection info.

Running a 22 bravo 1 on my 2006 27 Glasstream 496 HO, I can pretty much hit the rev limiter doing 3500 and nailing it. The boat will slowly pick up speed but only to around 60-64 mph. I dont think its lac of power but more likely just the prop blowing out from to much power.

1. I have been wanting to try a Bravo 26p from the local Mercury dealer but they seem to never have a demo available. Does anyone know anyone who demos props in S.W. Slorida/Naples/Fort Myers or someone local I could meet up with and test one?

2. I have seen more and more people running 5 blades. How is the performance on these, and should I try one on my application or stick with a 4 blade.

Double Rigged 03-21-2011 08:13 PM

Try BBlades the have posted they have test props.

Sheer Insanity 03-21-2011 08:19 PM

Thanks, I saw them but they are 2000 miles away. I was trying to find someone local so it will take less time. I need one by 3/30.

Originally Posted by Double Rigged (Post 3356096)
Try BBlades the have posted they have test props.

Double Rigged 03-21-2011 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sheer Insanity (Post 3356104)
Thanks, I saw them but they are 2000 miles away. I was trying to find someone local so it will take less time. I need one by 3/30.

Unfortunately there are not many good local shops.

rchevelle71 03-22-2011 06:08 AM

Larry,

you are probably closer to a 24 Bravo, I would stick with a 4 blade. Propgods is a friend of Mrdemeanor, they were on our cabbage key run, he was on demeanor's boat, and sat right next to you at lunch. He is up in Sarasota, and will meet you at the ramp and let you try whatever ya want. I have Demeanors # somewhere if ya cant get him on S&F.

Sheer Insanity 03-22-2011 07:57 AM

That would be great, and as long as his pricing is competitive he can bring a new 24 & 26 with him to buy. The guy who owned the boat had a 24 (got stolen) on it and said it still wasnt enough. Everytime out I feel like im wasting fuel with the 22?

Originally Posted by rchevelle71 (Post 3356328)
Larry,

you are probably closer to a 24 Bravo, I would stick with a 4 blade. Propgods is a friend of Mrdemeanor, they were on our cabbage key run, he was on demeanor's boat, and sat right next to you at lunch. He is up in Sarasota, and will meet you at the ramp and let you try whatever ya want. I have Demeanors # somewhere if ya cant get him on S&F.

Mr. Demeanor 03-22-2011 01:22 PM

Ken at PropGods will get you squared away. You could also try a Rev4. Ken is also a Hydromotive dealer.

JPII 03-11-2012 11:07 PM

Just curious if you ever got the right prop combination for your boat? and what the final outcome was?

JPII 03-12-2012 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by JPII (Post 3639041)
Just curious if you ever got the right prop combination for your boat? and what the final outcome was?

Anyone else know what it takes to get the 273 Sport to hook up and get some good numbers?

JPII 03-13-2012 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Sheer Insanity (Post 3355921)
Running a 22 bravo 1 on my 2006 27 Glasstream 496 HO, I can pretty much hit the rev limiter doing 3500 and nailing it. The boat will slowly pick up speed but only to around 60-64 mph. I dont think its lac of power but more likely just the prop blowing out from to much power.

1. I have been wanting to try a Bravo 26p from the local Mercury dealer but they seem to never have a demo available. Does anyone know anyone who demos props in S.W. Slorida/Naples/Fort Myers or someone local I could meet up with and test one?

2. I have seen more and more people running 5 blades. How is the performance on these, and should I try one on my application or stick with a 4 blade.

Just wandering if your prop dilemma was ever resolved? Did you try a drive spacer? Had a similar problem with my Nordic Heat and a 1" drive spacer really helped.