The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011 >

The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011

Notices

The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011

Old 03-28-2011, 04:12 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Coming up on 500 hrs. I did manage to blow one up tho a month ago in FL. so dropped a new one in ( port side ) and still away ahead of the game.
Unusual, did they find out what happened? 500 hrs is about half way through break in

Thanks for sharing, although I don't get as much work done at the office as I should since I am using a bunch of your pictures in my screen saver. Did you know you can set it to turn on after 3 seconds of inactivity??
Old 03-28-2011, 04:20 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

" Just relax and watch "
Doing just that Bob, doing just that and enjoying the heck out of it!!!!

Great stories and trip, keep us posted, be careful and obviously have fun!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1)

2) There was only this one tight slip available in Marigot Harbour where we had lunch. The owner of this yacht to my port side was screaming and yelling " You can't fit that thing in here !! " My response - " Just relax and watch ". He never said another word. LOL

Obviously he has never seen you dock a 50 footer

Probably the same look on their faces as the land lubbers at Smugglers in Port Credit. LOL

If you're heading back past Dominica Bob, let me know. I'll send you my buddies #. He says he can tell you where all kinds of amazing places to visit are in the area. He moved there 6 yrs ago and like you, loves to go adventure boating.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Airpacker
If you're heading back past Dominica Bob, let me know.
This gave me a thought. If any of our OSO brethren or their friends live in places Bob will pass, perhaps they can take a land-shot of him going by. Would make an already enviable thread that much better.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really cool...thanks for sharing your trip.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by redbud35
What a beautiful island. I went there with my first wife on our honeymoon.
I dated a travel agent for a while- she told me it was the most beautiful place she had ever seen. Bob's pix tend to confirm that.

Thanks again, Bob... really enjoying this thread.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 03-28-2011, 09:22 AM
Blue Oval

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome pictures of your travels. This is Blue Oval, the Boyne Thunder board has put me on this site to promote Boyne Thunder for 2011.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Registered

Bob, thanks for the lovely pictures; I eagerly await the start of your return adventure.
Thank you Griff and others for the kind words. I'm glad you are enjoying following along and maybe some of you will be inspired to one day do this sort of thing. If I can help any of you out, please let me know.

This phase of my adventure will soon come to an end as we fly home tomorrow afternoon. The boat is secure and put away in a first class marina ( IGY - Rodney Bay ) until my return sometime in mid April. When I come back, if time and weather permit, I would like to go another 70 to 100 miles south to see the Grenadines in the area of Bequia before turning around and heading back north. I will pick up Montserrat and St Kitts on the way north and then go to BVI either via St Maarten or Saba. That will all get figured out later. Again, thanks.

Bob
Old 03-28-2011, 10:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by modvp
Bob, thanks for the lovely pictures; I eagerly await the start of your return adventure.
modvp, I apologize for not getting in touch w your dad or Fiona when in Antigua. Time was very short by the the time we signed into the marina, cleared customs / immigration, got our room overlooking the harbour, cleaned up, dinner and then leave the next morning just not enough time. I thank you tho for your assistance. All the best,
Bob
Old 03-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Registered

Hi Bob, no problem at all and you're very welcome.
modvp, I apologize for not getting in touch w your dad or Fiona when in Antigua. Time was very short by the the time we signed into the marina, cleared customs / immigration, got our room overlooking the harbour, cleaned up, dinner and then leave the next morning just not enough time. I thank you tho for your assistance. All the best,
Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.