The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011

Notices

The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011

Old 04-19-2011, 10:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by cubanboss
Hey Bob...Curtis Churchill here. Thanks for the great pictures and sharing your trip.
Hey Curtis, thanks for following along. I see your dad often. Hope all is well in Texas.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
How long you staying in St. Maarten Bob......I'll be there next Thursday.....the 28th....
Sorry I will miss you, Johnny. I never stay in one place very long it seems. LOL Taking boat over to BVI tomorrow and then fly north on Thursday. Enjoy St Maarten. Lots happening here.

Bob
Old 04-19-2011, 10:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

[QUOTE=wellcrafted;3380796]
Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
A few pics taken around the harbor and Marriott Hotel in St Kitts today. I would come back here any day and glad we stayed an extra day.

Bob

On St Kitts , what was the avgerage . temp there. Also would you take a familly vacation there this time of year , what else is there to do around there . from the looks of your pics and comments the place looks awesome. Thanks for any tips.

Wellcrafted
Not sure of the temps but never too hot or cold. Maybe 80 at the most. It seemed a bit warmer than usual as trade winds this week are lighter than normal.I would bring the fam here without a doubt. I highly recommend the Marriott as it's probably the best on the Island and thought it tio be fairly reasonable. Rainy season starts late May so no later than that for sure. We ate at an awesome restaurant called Boat House on the south end of the Island overlooking Nevis. Best steak I've ever had. It seems to be clean and safe so it should be considered.
Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 04-19-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Sorry I will miss you, Johnny. I never stay in one place very long it seems. LOL Taking boat over to BVI tomorrow and then fly north on Thursday. Enjoy St Maarten. Lots happening here.

Bob
I didn't think you would be there for that long Bob......lol......enjoy the rest of you trip...... I will have to locate the guys in the Sonic so I can get some sort of a go fast thrill while there, if not my season here in NY starts when I get back anyway..........cheers
Old 04-20-2011, 06:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Bob, I think OSO needs to create an adventure forum just for you.

Thanks again for sharing your latest journey through such a beautiful part of the planet- enjoyable reading!

Hey- I think the guys at OL have a solution for you re the camera...

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 04-20-2011, 07:59 AM
Registered

Those cameras are trick! If Bob continues to share these great adventures, I would think he owes his audience at least 3 of these mounted fwd, mid, and aft. If Bob were still in his 30s........well, maybe one below too! No offense Bob......
Old 04-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Blue Oval

Have you stopped by Willy T's? Is this in the area you have been thru? My buddy from town just got back from a 10 day cruise on a 36 sailboat. He goes down every year and rents one with his family. He is a powerboater! He was talking about the Spanish Islands.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Griswald
Those cameras are trick! If Bob continues to share these great adventures, I would think he owes his audience at least 3 of these mounted fwd, mid, and aft. If Bob were still in his 30s........well, maybe one below too! No offense Bob......
No offense taken......I know 30 year olds that can't keep up with me. LOL
Old 04-21-2011, 11:14 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

A few more pics from Tuesday when we left St Kitts and crossed to St Maarten.

1) Coastal pic

2) Historic old Brimstone Hill Fortress started in 1690 and took over 100 years to build - http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/..._National_Park

3) Leaving St Kitts / Nevis behind.
Attached Thumbnails The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-stk-101-.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-stk-102.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-stk-103.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 04-22-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

1 & 2 ) Arrival at Phillipsburg, St Maarten

3) Island cruising

4)We were greeted and boarded by the St Maarten Coast Guard as we headed for Simpson Bay. All was in order.

5) Leaving St Maarten Wednesday AM for BVI.
Attached Thumbnails The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-sxm-101.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-sxm-102.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-sxm-103.jpg  

The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-sxm-104.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-sxm-105.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.