The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011

Old 04-21-2011, 12:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 2009 Nor Tech 5000 Diesel; 2015 Statement 380 CC; 2014 32' Renegade

1) Silhouette morning pic of SXM as I left for BVI

2) Arrival in BVI Wednesday

3) BVI land / seascape pic

4) Bob with David and Chrissann back at Saba Rock at end of the trip. Some may recall a picture of us at the dock before departure on this unforgettable Island adventure back in March.

5)Richard Branson's Necker Belle at Leverick Bay Resort.
Attached Thumbnails
The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-sxm-106.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-bvi-100.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-bvi-104.jpg  

The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-bvi-102.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-bvi-103.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 04-22-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
Bob, I think OSO needs to create an adventure forum just for you.

Thanks again for sharing your latest journey through such a beautiful part of the planet- enjoyable reading!

Hey- I think the guys at OL have a solution for you re the camera...

He, he. Thanks Jay. I will have to see what we can do camera wise before the BVI poker run in May. I would like to know more about that setup if anyone can share their knowledge of that camera system.

Glad to hear you can join me on the BVI poker run in May, Jay. David, Nick and many others are looking forward to your return,

Bob
Old 04-21-2011, 12:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainstreet View Post
Have you stopped by Willy T's? Is this in the area you have been thru? My buddy from town just got back from a 10 day cruise on a 36 sailboat. He goes down every year and rents one with his family. He is a powerboater! He was talking about the Spanish Islands.
No time for Willy T this trip but probably next. This pic was taken at the poker run last May.

The Spanish Islands are very nice as well. Think they belong to Puerto Rico and lay between St Thomas and Puerto Rico. We passed thru there last year but did not stop. They will love it I'm sure.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-bvi-108.jpg  
Old 04-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Blue Oval

My Boats: 2002 Powerquest 380 Avenger

Roger said if the girls jump from the top deck without a top they earn a Wiily T T-Shirt. I see no pics of this from Rogers trip though!
Old 04-21-2011, 05:47 PM
Registered

My Boats: Magnum Sport -27 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder View Post
No time for Willy T this trip but probably next. This pic was taken at the poker run last May.

The Spanish Islands are very nice as well. Think they belong to Puerto Rico and lay between St Thomas and Puerto Rico. We passed thru there last year but did not stop. They will love it I'm sure.

Bob
Bob,

Super Adventure and Trip as always..Thank you for taking us along with you once again.

You are correct the Spanish Virgin Islands as they are called are Vieques and Culebra and they are a part of Puerto Rico. they also have some very beautiful beaches and places to stay .
There are also a series of smaller islands right off the east coast of Fajardo Puerto Rico, called Palomino, Palominito and Icacos. The island of Palomino belongs to the El Conquistor Resort , but is open to everyone with a boat. The latest Johnny Depp Priates of the Caribbean movie filmed a lot on Paliminito Island. all these Island are also a part of Puerto Rico.
Great palces to visit and swim

Thank you
Jim
Old 04-21-2011, 11:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammmagnum View Post
Bob,

Super Adventure and Trip as always..Thank you for taking us along with you once again.

You are correct the Spanish Virgin Islands as they are called are Vieques and Culebra and they are a part of Puerto Rico. they also have some very beautiful beaches and places to stay .
There are also a series of smaller islands right off the east coast of Fajardo Puerto Rico, called Palomino, Palominito and Icacos. The island of Palomino belongs to the El Conquistor Resort , but is open to everyone with a boat. The latest Johnny Depp Priates of the Caribbean movie filmed a lot on Paliminito Island. all these Island are also a part of Puerto Rico.
Great palces to visit and swim

Thank you
Jim
Here are some pics from the air when I chartered a plane to take me to San Juan, PR from St Thomas last May. As you can see, very beautiful as well.
Attached Thumbnails
The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-svi-1.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-svi-2.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-svi-3.jpg  

Old 04-21-2011, 11:41 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

My Boats: 46 Skater,35 Cig, 57 Carver

Cool trips Bob!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 07:31 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Azimut

A lot of fun following you Bob Thanks for all the pictures and information.

This helps but I have to go back pages to find the link so I will put it here again!
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...JbWs8tmcPVS9Vs
Old 04-22-2011, 09:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1 View Post
Cool trips Bob!!!
Thanks. Jim. You and your crew would love it down there. Maybe I can convince you to ship a boat down there. Still time to catch the BVI poker run in late May.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:35 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
A lot of fun following you Bob Thanks for all the pictures and information.

This helps but I have to go back pages to find the link so I will put it here again!
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...JbWs8tmcPVS9Vs
Thanks, GL. I must learn how to do a photo capture of that screen as once it's gone, its gone. Later today I will figure out my total mileage for the trip.