Lemon laws on boats??????? >

Lemon laws on boats???????

Notices

Lemon laws on boats???????

Old 05-29-2002, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lemon laws on boats???????

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a Lemon Law for boats? Wife & I bought a brand new boat off the showroom floor last Fall and it's been in the shop four times.
Things it's been in for: will not release out of forward gear(SCARY, DOCKS COME FAST!), hits reverse really hard, steering wheel loose, hydralics of engine hatch leaking, trim tab will not trim up or down, stereo cover breaks all the time, horn doesn't work, glove box latch always breaking, battery drain (they say they can't find the problem). There's more...just can't think of it all.
The dealership is treating us well -- we don't want to get rid of the boat, but I don't know what our options are. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Frustrated
Old 05-29-2002, 09:51 PM
Registered

Well each State is different, I know Texas does not have one, your state. I don't know. run a search for lemon law, in your state, it will give some info, just be careful if you tell your dealer you are going to sue, they might stop working on your boat all together, until the law suit is over, a lot of times being nice is better than being a as@hole, and yes i know how you feel because my boat went throught the same thing, 4 times to get the same problem fixed, but I was easy on the dealer, the service manager and I are friends now and they try hard, just sometimes things dont go right, think about it before you open your mouth to the dealer, thats just my 2 cents
Old 05-29-2002, 10:00 PM
Registered

Thanks H2xmark for your 2 cents. I have really calm about the whole deal and they are really nice to us. Thats good it makes it a little bit easier to swallow. I have never mentioned antthing about this to them. don't intend to for now . I just wanted to know my rights just in case these troubles keep going. As far as their service, it has been good, they return my phone calls promptly, always giving us and my kids free things.
Thanks again