Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Are Center Consoles the Future of Go-Fast Boating? >

Are Center Consoles the Future of Go-Fast Boating?

Notices

Are Center Consoles the Future of Go-Fast Boating?

Old 03-26-2011, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love my cc....I cant blast around when I am alone, and when I have the wife, kids, company, their kids, the toys, etc.....everyone hops in and out, not worried about people slipping on a newly waxed deck, not trying to make someone sit in a stuffy cabin I hardly use.......pure hyrbid functionality
Old 03-26-2011, 09:04 AM
Registered

I think CC's have there place. I also think they have coming along way as far as styling, options and the ability to appeal to non fishermen. That being said I wouldn't ever think of one foe the type of fresh water boating I do. If I lived in FLA or another salt water location I would be all over one for ease of use, maintenance and all the other reasons others have mentioned.

MY .02
Old 03-26-2011, 09:35 AM
OCM
Registered

Iam all about going fast,but I find my self really enjoying time spent in our roadsters. I can't wait to get my hands on our newest cc. It's 38ft 11'3 wide powered by a pair of merc 300's.
Tim
Ocm
Old 03-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Last edited by Jupiter Sunsation; 03-26-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:47 AM
Registered

CC's are definitely versatile and the shade offered by a T-Top is priceless on a hot, sunny day. The silence and reliabilty of the new 4 stroke motors are also remarkable.

The downside is they used to be much cheaper alternatives to the go fast sisterships but in reality they cost just as much or even more! The Top Fish, NT 390 CC and others all list for the same price as their comparable stern drive boat. In some areas (S. FL, Bahamas) the insurance is insane on big CC's due to theft problems.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:02 AM
OCM
Registered

It's a cat! 38ft 11'3 wide full tunnel

Tim
Ocm
Old 03-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

We're a little behind the eight-ball with this thread. Performance center-consoles have been the future of Go-Fast boating for 15 + years. Albeit not for everyone. Every boats a compromise.

Last edited by Ed; 03-26-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OCM
It's a cat! 38ft 11'3 wide full tunnel

Tim
Ocm
Well that makes quite a difference!

With all of the boats Spectre/Frinsini makes it is hard to stay on top of their model lineup!
Old 03-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck
I made the switch myself this week. In no way do I think that I will like the boat better but it just makes more sense for me right now. I have a five and a three year old and my cat just wasn't practical to go out and hang out on with my kids. For those who know me they know that kids eating and drinking in there wasn't going to happen either (lol). I figure I can still do poker runs, and use the boat every weekend vs. pokerrun weekends. The money is definately a factor also. The car business isn't the best these days, and my last two repairs are close to what this boat will cost me per year. Years ago I would have had the same reply as Dan and both Bills did but needs change and they build them everyday if it turns out Im wrong.

Congrats !! Excellent way to continue to enjoy all of the things you love about life and boating.
Was thinking this was a salt-water craze due to ease of maintanance,etc. but this move suggests it is also about getting more enjoyment per dollar invested. When we all think back our earliest, cheapest, least expensive boats provided us with the greatest amounts of pure joy.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
Center Consoles are VG!Very Goofy
I had a lot of people tell me that when I was having mine built...then they went for a ride and it was a lot of "wow.....that was a lot better then I thought it would be"....still hope to have a cat someday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.