Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Are Center Consoles the Future of Go-Fast Boating? >

Are Center Consoles the Future of Go-Fast Boating?

Notices

Are Center Consoles the Future of Go-Fast Boating?

Old 03-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
Joker, I know you are a good guy and a GA boy and mean no insult about your bath tub. Matter of fact, if I see up on the lake, I will be sure and stop by for a bath and a shave and to say hello. Dan
We'll have to hang out at Sun Set Cove! I wish one of them lake boats would of tried to follow us from Miami to Jupiter in 6ft seas last month - haha!
Old 03-27-2011, 06:11 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am 53 and the first thing I did after buying my new 36 cat with twin 700sc's was to have a shop take out those stupid mufflers and straight pipe it right out the back of the boat. Quite, don't be silly Matt!!
What are these mufflers you speak of? LOL. Actually thats funny bc when I got my 42 Fountain PR in a few years ago those damn under-platform mufflers were bolted up. I had them off before that thing ever hit the water. That thing was LOUD. And it sounded PERFECT
Old 03-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Our CC is our "bread and butter" boat. 50 hours a year on the Cig....and close to 200 hours a year on the CC.

Thanks to Terry Sobo , my wife is in a frantic search for a bigger CC . It's not EVER going to replace the thrill of a Go-Fast....but it's one hell of a cheap alternative as a secondary boat!!
That's pretty much it for us too.

Well I've got the two strokes on our CC and that means NO premium gas NO oil changes NO draining or bilge heater for the winter and NO powerhead corrosion issues in saltwater. And the kids ran around and spilled sht on it all afternoon and I hosed it off when we got back. I don't even yell at them for spilling sht anymore. And I let people eat on this boat. Flushed the engines and home after 15 mins.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:03 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Ven
The 32 ft Concept CC can sit 10 people, that's a lot more than 3 or 4 !
http://www.conceptboats.com/32-fe-gallery.html

I looked and looked. I guess 2-3 can sit on the transom.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:17 AM
Registered
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha ha u a funny guy !! If that was our 32 ft u may be right, I will say again our 32 ft has seats for 10, and not counting the head where would we put a guy like you!! LOL
Old 03-28-2011, 06:44 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by On Time
That's pretty much it for us too.

Well I've got the two strokes on our CC and that means NO premium gas NO oil changes NO draining or bilge heater for the winter and NO powerhead corrosion issues in saltwater. And the kids ran around and spilled sht on it all afternoon and I hosed it off when we got back. I don't even yell at them for spilling sht anymore. And I let people eat on this boat. Flushed the engines and home after 15 mins.
+1

I spent as much time pre & post launch fussing with the PowerPlay as I did running on the water. I got sick of it. Now if I was in the income bracket where I could pay the marina to do that for me there's no question which boat I'd want.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe a stupid question, but why dont more CC's have stepped hulls?
Old 03-28-2011, 07:09 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
You don't need one at 50mph..
Old 03-28-2011, 07:19 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

You don't need one at 50mph..
EN,
Good one! he he
Old 03-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
It's because CC's were originally fishing boats and the fishing guys go out in big water all the time since the goal is FISH and not FAST. They wanted stability and drivability and no nuances that our stepped hull boats can sometimes give. The fishing guys only want to fish. So offshore CC's were made to fish. Then, some folks started using them for other than fishing the last few years and they started appearing on the radar screen of the non fishing recreational boater. There are a few with steps now like the Fountain and Donzi and I hear Contender will build one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.