How NOT to put a boat on the trailer >

How NOT to put a boat on the trailer

Notices

How NOT to put a boat on the trailer

Old 03-27-2011, 02:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still to this day carry 4 or 5 drain plugs in my truck cause there is nothing worse than seeing a woman & kids *****ing out dad for forgetting the drain plug! I would drive by & just hand it out the window & not look into their eyes cause I was there once & know the feeling
Old 03-27-2011, 02:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bojoe2 No you cant make it up cause every time you think it cant get any funnier it does! (sorry for the learners but after they learn they can sit back with the rest of us & laugh about the mistakes they made)
Old 03-27-2011, 02:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

BTW I have seen more people with high powered bass boats that cant trailer them than anyone with a performance boat in my entire boating life!
Old 03-27-2011, 07:11 AM
Registered

Unhappy don't forget to latch the toungue!

I was headed to the lake with my 24' baja and was about 30 mins from the house when I hit a big enough bump to kick the toungue off the ball....well i had forgotten to lock it down. It was just sitting on the ball. Thank god for safety chains but the boat was banging side to side going down the road at about 65mph until i got her stopped. It beat up the back of my truck pretty good, broken brake lines, dented tail gate...etc. I also had to buy a new drivers seat cuase my ass was gripping it so tight it had a hole in it!!
Old 03-27-2011, 07:16 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by lightning jet
Just think we share the water ways with these idiots.
Just think...these people breed.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bblythe
I got a good one took props off in fall next spring put props on wrong side put boat in water went to rev it off trailer dam near landed in truck because now rev is forward
haha, did that one time and raised hell at my wife for not being able to get the boat off the trailer, before I realized what I had done. Wasn't a very good day on the lake after that.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Just think...these people breed.
Mostly with there cousins
Old 03-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having a CLASS CDL gives me a lot of knowledge when it comes to launching/ hauling my 27' MAGNUM. A precheck when I hook up boat to truck, check & double check before I leave my yard. When I get to the ramp, I take my time to get ready to back down ramp, plug in - lines on cleats & fenders out. I usually do it alone and many positive comments have been made about me doing it all along, do it slow & get it done right ! "HIGH LIFE"
Old 03-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Registered

Ya know we have so many odd moments at the ramp, it is truly amazing. One thing that sticks out is that if you try to offer help to those that are having the most trouble they never accept it and generally get pissy with you inreturn... Had one lady tell me "you do it your way and we will do it ours" in a very bad tone. We were off the river and gone before they had their boat on the trailer and they were there before we were.

We have it down to a science... pull up ready to go and in the water park the vehicle and back to boat and gone in 2-3 minutes.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am fortunate, I keep my boat at a private storage facility that also has a private launch. Even still there are still a few moments of frustration but for the most part I don't have to deal with the general public when launching. This helps keep my temper in check and makes for a much more enjoyable day on the water.

I am able to launch and trailer my Velocity 260 within minutes by myself. Even being in a private launch, before my boat gets near the ramp it is completly loaded and all dock lines in place. When launching with assistance from the wife or a friend, I doubt my truck is in the launch area for more than 30 seconds. Once boat is afloat the truck is gone. WHen we come back in we will unload our gear at the dock/launch ONLY if no one else is around. If there are boats needing to use the ramp, It usually takes me no more than a few minutes to put it back on the trailer. Then we will unload out of the way of others.

cpiefer06, I do know what you mean about the people that need the help but refuse to swallow their pride to accept it. This is EXACTLY why I avoid the public launches!!!

The second video that I posted kills me. I bet launching at the beach to save a few $$ was worth swamping your tow vehicle and numerous others. Not to mention looking like a total IDIOT!!! And now having your antics being posted on the internet for the whole world to see...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.