ATECO ENGINE SHOP ? GOOD or BAD ??

Notices

ATECO ENGINE SHOP ? GOOD or BAD ??

Old 03-28-2011, 10:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by campionchase910
I've delt with Bill at Ateco and they were great. Kit came complete with everything required! Would definitely recommend them
+1
Old 03-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

well dont kno wif guy is legit or not but Bill built my motors and they have run great for 5 years
Old 03-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Ask Shogren....they use that shop all the time.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by chattviper
Ask Shogren....they use that shop all the time.
That was the reason it took 5 months longer to get my engine back...He keep telling me he was working on Shogren's stuff...when I did get it back it still had a hole in the block....
Old 03-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Banned

From a disinterested party looking at this, it is sure strange to have all the different outlooks about this engine builder. Usually there is a consensus about a machine shop, but I have heard so much bad about these folks and a number of positive endorsement about this group, it is very hard to figure this issue out. The old saying "where there is smoke, there is fire" makes one wonder about all the bad press. I could understand one or two unhappy customers, but this is a real strange situation here. Maybe as a group, we performance boaters are hard to please. I think anytime you are dealing with high performance equipment, you risk having some unhappy clients. But how many says a lot about how you deal with mistakes and problems. jmo
Old 03-28-2011, 06:49 PM
Registered

Angry

[/QUOTE] I think anytime you are dealing with high performance equipment, you risk having some unhappy clients. But how many says a lot about how you deal with mistakes and problems. jmo[/QUOTE]

Yes there can be problems but you are correct, how you handle the problems and customer service after a problem says a whole lot about any type of business.

After 9 months I am still trying to resolve my situation.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Banned

My nephew owns a large high performance machine shop here in Atlanta that works on cars and boats and one common area of disagreement is what constitutes a "warranty claim" on a race engine or drive repair work. It always seem to cause hurt feelings on one side not matter what the resolution is. What I see him do often is a compromise where the customers pays dead cost for parts and he provides labor. This seems to work most of the time, but on one side, the builder can't control how someone uses there engine/drive and on the other, you have a customer who spent a chit load of bucks thinking his stuff was now "bullet proof". It is a tough situation, but should be dealt with quickly and not drug out for months!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Banned

I think anytime you are dealing with high performance equipment, you risk having some unhappy clients. But how many says a lot about how you deal with mistakes and problems. jmo[/QUOTE]

Yes there can be problems but you are correct, how you handle the problems and customer service after a problem says a whole lot about any type of business.

After 9 months I am still trying to resolve my situation.[/QUOTE]

What happened to your project? Was it a warranty issue? Who built it and what was it? What parts did you use? Details please. Some of the stuff I read here amazes me at the time that expires without resolution. This is a very different business world than the one I am used to. I simply do not have the patience some folks here on OSO do. Dan
Old 03-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DonZ
Hey guys im looking for some feedback on ATECO.....i want to know if they're trustworthy people or not....if they decieve customers with false dyno sheets or advertise engines at a particular HP and than provide a different story ??

i need some help....

thanks
I think anytime you are dealing with high performance equipment, you risk having some unhappy clients. But how many says a lot about how you deal with mistakes and problems. jmo[/QUOTE]

After 9 months I am still trying to resolve my situation.[/QUOTE]

I sounds like there might be a couple of untold stories with issues they've had that might not have been resolved to the satisfaction of the customers. How long did the engines last before issues were noticed and how were the problems handled by the shop? Did the engines perform initially as expected? Is or has the shop tried to make things right?
Old 03-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DonZ
Hey guys im looking for some feedback on ATECO.....i want to know if they're trustworthy people or not....if they decieve customers with false dyno sheets or advertise engines at a particular HP and than provide a different story ??

i need some help....

thanks
I have been waiting since this am to hear the rest of the story. I was reading your posts about waiting for your new power and than after you installed it, nothing. Did it perform like you wanted? Were there problems? As far as dyno sheets, I always attended every dyno pull on every motor I built so I could be involved in the whole process. We have found 50 to 100 extra hp in my big blower motors simply knowing where we were and where we needed to go in jetting/timing/etc. It is worth every penny to not pull a engine due to a small oil leak and to have the most hp you could make dependably. It sounds like you could not be there personally, but I would want a live video feed, so I could see the pulls and the readouts live. No dyno sheets for me. What do you need help with?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.