ATECO ENGINE SHOP ? GOOD or BAD ?? >

ATECO ENGINE SHOP ? GOOD or BAD ??

Notices

ATECO ENGINE SHOP ? GOOD or BAD ??

Old 03-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
To tell you the truth, i didn't even know brad was an investor in Ateco until this issue on OSO. I knew he was a customer and swore by their engines.

Just becuase Brad is a small investors dosen't mean he knows every detail on every deal. I have interest in several businesses but don't get into the day to day dealings.
If you have to be held accountable for a company you inverst in there are a lot of Enron investors that have some explaining to do.

Brad had some very fast boats and he was dealing with Ateco as long as i know him.

I actually met Brad back in 2002 when i bought a used set of 900's for my Motion.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification on the personal attack even though you removed it 1/2 hour later...

Hmmm...

I didn't ask for your life story, I just think it is very bad business practice to drag Vette Steve along for 9 mos and not answer his US mail letters or even his phone calls.

Then, Brad comes to the rescue with the "driver error and can't drive a truck uphill at WOT" as a response.

It sounds like they knew Steve was such a laid back easy going guy, and just probably thought blowing him off being as he is 900 miles away, then he would just GO AWAY !
Old 03-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
This thread is spreading like a wild fire with 3667 views and it is time to hear the other side. It takes time to watch your public image and make sure your customers are happy. I advertise 100% customer satisfaction and it is a hard standard to achieve. Do I get taken advantage of with a policy like this? Sure I do, but the overall experience for the majority of my customers is worth the cost associated with dealing with the few dishonest ones out there. The owner or owners of this business should be concerned what the public thinks about their business and you can tell from the number of disclaimers on their web site, they have been through the ringer with more than a few customers. But stand up and call people back, make concessions, do the right thing and admit mistakes if made. I respect someone who would just stand up to mistakes and admit them as opposed to behaving like a small child and attempting to shift blame. Just say "I missed that hole in the block and I was in such a hurry to get it shipped out, I did not do a dyno pull even though I was clearly paid for it". Don't side step it or not return calls or neglect posting here except for fake posts with yourself. State the truth and let the chit fall where it may and you will gain everyone's respect and some people’s business. I find it absolutely ridiculous to read that Aetco does not want to build high hp engines. What pitcher does not want to pitch in the World Series, what quarterback does not want to play in the Super Bowl? To say that, is just plain not selecting your words carefully, thus making you look not truthful. If you have your engines built close to home by someone you know and trust, bully for you. That is the way it should be. I would never sign a contract with my engine builder!! I better trust him more than that or I am using the wrong guy. Do my builds run over on time? Yes sir every damn one of them. Are they done right? You can bet on it. It is not a speed race to build, there is plenty of time left to race later. Would I ever sue my builder? Never needed to and would never consider it.
+1!
Old 03-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Registered

Not sure what the real story is..... honestly don't care. But, anyone that relies on OSO for the "truth" or as their main source of information is so out of the loop it's not even funny. ElimiNordic, I know you haven't been around awhile, and seem like a good guy.... but you're wasting your time with these long written posts trying to prove why an enginebuilder coming online to bring out the truth would be a positive thing to do. I believe someone mentioned it before, but most of the big time guys don't go on online forums..... and for good reason.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Registered

It sounds like they knew Steve was such a laid back easy going guy, and just probably thought blowing him off being as he is 900 miles away, then he would just GO AWAY ![/QUOTE]

I have a small business to run.

I have a life.

Today I am baby sitting my beautiful granddaughter.

I also have a very good memory.

Surprise to them- I will not be going away.

Last edited by VetteSteve; 03-30-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:26 PM
Registered

[/QUOTE]Thanks for the clarification on the personal attack even though you removed it 1/2 hour later...

Hmmm...

I didn't ask for your life story, I just think it is very bad business practice to drag Vette Steve along for 9 mos and not answer his US mail letters or even his phone calls.

Then, Brad comes to the rescue with the "driver error and can't drive a truck uphill at WOT" as a response.

It sounds like they knew Steve was such a laid back easy going guy, and just probably thought blowing him off being as he is 900 miles away, then he would just GO AWAY ![/QUOTE]

I think your picking on the wrong guy. He is just giving his side and his personal dealings with Brad. (you know another side of the story). BTW: you should take the time to hear Ginos life story because its pretty amazing and inspiring. I have no dog in this fight just keep it on track and continue to go after the ones responsible.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:48 PM

I think your picking on the wrong guy. He is just giving his side and his personal dealings with Brad. (you know another side of the story). BTW: you should take the time to hear Ginos life story because its pretty amazing and inspiring. I have no dog in this fight just keep it on track and continue to go after the ones responsible.
+1
Old 03-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the clarification on the personal attack even though you removed it 1/2 hour later...

Hmmm...

This might be a personal attack but you sure are a sassy biotch for a newby.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by brian41

Hmmm...

It sounds like they knew Steve was such a laid back easy going guy, and just probably thought blowing him off being as he is 900 miles away, then he would just GO AWAY !

This might be a personal attack but you sure are a sassy biotch for a newby.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the recognition

sassy? No... Just concerned that none of us on here are getting the short end of the stick.

Facts are facts. I'm just helping to air them out.

Why be a hater on me bro?
Old 03-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Haley'sComet

That explains it.

bobonthis
sunsation96
brian41

Thank you!

I'm out of this discussion. My time is more valuable then trying to have an intelligent discussion with someone that responds with:

Old 03-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
That explains it.

bobonthis
sunsation96
brian41

Thank you!

I'm out of this discussion. My time is more valuable then trying to have an intelligent discussion with someone that responds with:

Well... Why not keep it light? I thought that was a cute little response to a situation that could easily get heated...

What would that explain? The original problem is still there whether I said" why be a hater bro?" or, the fact I haven't had as much "senority" on here as some of us.

Let's just keep to the fact at hand shall we?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.