Notices

Blue Chart or C-Map...

Old 05-23-2002, 03:20 PM
rick32

Default Blue Chart or C-Map...

Okay,
Heres my dealio... nee dto get a chart plotter etc, I am stuck between two modles the Garmin or Standard Horizon

The garmin comes with Bloue Chart, but Stand Horizion comes with C-Map... The standard Horizon would fit better I think....

Need input from you dorks.....!

Help,
Rick32

Old 05-23-2002, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ricko-

What the hell do you want that for? You never leave the break water in that 29 footer.

Old 05-23-2002, 04:19 PM
rick32

Nort.......
Just mind you own business ....... see ya friday night./
Rick"32 "

Old 05-23-2002, 06:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

I have C-map (NT cartridges) on my cruiser. I like em well, but the Garmin units that you can download stuff from the CD into look cool.

Cmap carts are good though.

Buy the unit that you like the looks and features of. Use them both in the store scrolling around and seeing which is easier to use.
Old 05-23-2002, 08:33 PM
Bayley

29 footer!?!?
Ouch, you gonna take this verbal abuse? You're right, it's best to just step outside and smoke a Cigarette instead.

Get the C-map version. Most every marina I go to sells C-Map cards and the price has come down a ton since they first came out. Plus, with the recent explosion in memory size (RAM) three or four C-map card are being crammed all onto one card. Haven't actually been able to use the Standard / Horizon yet out on the lakes, but in the driveway it appears to work great. There's a nice screen that has the speed printed out in big numbers.

Also, let me know where you plan on mounting the GPS antenna. Most people will claim that GPS signals wont travel through fiberglass. This is total bullschit. They work just fine hidden behind the helm. The area behind the "Sunsation" logo on the passenger side has tons of room for any size GPS antenna. Plus, if you mount the GPS above the cabin door, all the wiring is right there for you already.

Good luck

-Bayley

Old 05-23-2002, 09:11 PM
rick32

See guys,
That what I am talking ... if you want anything in this world...,. COUNT ON ANOTHER SUNSATION OWNER...........

Everyone sucks & westmarine folks are totally retarded BTW : All have a safe weekend...!

Bayley, your keul man....... thanx a lot. I heard that about the fibreglass .... The attenas suck on this things. especially teh one that come w/ Garmin ... if you want there semi flush mount its an extra 80 bucks or so.....

Regards,
Rick32

Old 05-24-2002, 02:46 AM
rick32

anyone else.....

rick32