Notices

Boating Footwear

Old 04-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personaly like the classic style boat shoe, they usually have very small siping treads on bottom,so rocks and grime dont get stuck in them, those sporty ones have bigger sipes so more of a chance of rocks, now most times i take shoes off when boarding other boats , but certian instances, i wear shoes, like in rain and cold temps, trying to step on a wet deck barefoot can lead to painfull bodily damage or gel/paint damage
Old 04-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Registered

Question

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
The black and yellow ones will do. You gonna buy me a pair?

Man... don't know if these sperrys will hold up to the witches brew. It's some serious chit. You may have to get some insurance waivers for your crew before they step foot on that deck. I couldn't keep the bottle from sliding off the bow
MC, u coming to DS..??
Old 04-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fasttoys7619
I personaly like the classic style boat shoe, they usually have very small siping treads on bottom,so rocks and grime dont get stuck in them, those sporty ones have bigger sipes so more of a chance of rocks, now most times i take shoes off when boarding other boats , but certian instances, i wear shoes, like in rain and cold temps, trying to step on a wet deck barefoot can lead to painfull bodily damage or gel/paint damage
ditto
Old 04-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Registered

http://www.amazon.com/Helly-Hansen-M.../dp/B000MD6TP0
This is what I have if they are going to get wet.
http://www.robertwayne.com/DC-SHOES/...White-Monogram
DC's in white if I am going to be on the docks at night and may be on and off the boat.

As you can tell like white shoes in the summer and actually have had a lot of compliments on the white DC's from all ages. I also prefer slip on shoes.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

RHR,

I've actually researched sperry shoes on and off this season. I've pretty much decided on these. They look like Nikes and you can generally wear them around the docks without feeling like an idiot. Little expensive, but when you consider the amount of time you spend on the boat, it's quite worth it.
http://www.sperrytopsider.com/store/...ultOption=true
OR
http://www.sperrytopsider.com/store/...ultOption=true
I have both the sneaker and the traditional leather style. They both have identical soles. The leather ones are more comfortable overall, and easier to slip on and off. But when you're standing up driving the boat, they both offer great anti-shock.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
ditto
Bill,
Does it ever get hot enough up there in Alaska or Canada or where ever the Great Lakes are, that u need booties on your feet? Just wondering. Dan
Old 04-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by VtSteve
I have both the sneaker and the traditional leather style. They both have identical soles. The leather ones are more comfortable overall, and easier to slip on and off. But when you're standing up driving the boat, they both offer great anti-shock.
thnx Steve i'm thinking a pair of the Social Security collectors traditional leather style to always stay on the boat , and the sneaker style for on the dock ,in the bilge,on the beach or even in the water ....
thnx again

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 04-04-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
Bill,
Does it ever get hot enough up there in Alaska or Canada or where ever the Great Lakes are, that u need booties on your feet? Just wondering. Dan
gets Hottt up here plenty Dan ,dont know about on my feet but plenty of B@@ty here ..
Attached Thumbnails Boating Footwear-picture-1092.jpg  
Old 04-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
gets Hottt up here plenty Dan ,dont know about on my feet but plenty of B@@ty here ..
RHR, tell me thats actually your bedroom.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Banned

RHR, tell me thats actually your bedroom.
YES ! Pinkys bedroom i'm just invited to play in it
and of course what other then a round waterbed

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 04-04-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.