Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need advice/opinions on buying this boat please and sayin Hello! >

Need advice/opinions on buying this boat please and sayin Hello!

Notices

Need advice/opinions on buying this boat please and sayin Hello!

Old 04-06-2011, 08:49 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
That must be one rough lake!!
Yeah on second thought it's not as rough as LOTO. Bring that 36 over here some day and see how you like LT. Remember Flash Gordon? He used to run Texoma almost every wkend in his 36.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by huskyrider
I'm certain that his annual premium stings a bit once in a year, or twice in 6 months. But if you broke it down with a 20% down payment and made 9 monthly notes it wouldn't be so bad.
Hell, I drop that same coin at least 3 times a week after work to purchase a 12 pack of Coors Light and a box of Marlboro 100's.

The peace of mind from protection is priceless
and if you ever had to execute a claim or had one filed against you it would be the same.
$180 isn't that big of a deal, hell that's just half a tank of fuel. I just feel like i'm throwing it away when I pay for insurance.

I guess my inexperience with claims is why it doesn't afford me any peace of mind.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Crossett;3369857] I just feel like i'm throwing it away when I pay for insurance.
QUOTE]

I used to feel the same way everytime I made an insurance payment too until my house got hit by lightning, caught on fire, and fried everything plugged in.
In the grand scheme of things Allstate is ahead of me on motor vehicles claim money paid out -vs- collected but they're way behind on my homeowners insurance payments -vs- what they paid on my home's claim.
They paid out almost as much as my purchase price of the home on that one and only claim.

I see your in the Austin area, I haven't been to the lake there since College. Once I get the new boat past survey and delivery here, Travis will be one of our weekend destinations.
My son is your same age and I'll bet his wife and kids will stay with mine when we go, we'll bring the 1300's to tow behind to the spot we anchor off in. I'd love to meet you and some of the other members in the area to find a great cove and enjoy some Texas summer water fun.
This goes for Trevor too because Texoma is a lake I've never been to but would like to go if I know we're meeting some locals, looking at the map it's large and I'll have no idea where the good spots are.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 04-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by huskyrider
I see your in the Austin area, I haven't been to the lake there since College. Once I get the new boat past survey and delivery here, Travis will be one of our weekend destinations.
My son is your same age and I'll bet his wife and kids will stay with mine when we go, we'll bring the 1300's to tow behind to the spot we anchor off in. I'd love to meet you and some of the other members in the area to find a great cove and enjoy some Texas summer water fun.
Devil's is the default location that people tend to go hang out. I'm not that big a fan of it. I have a mooring buoy a little further north of there that you're welcome to use if you want.