Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need advice/opinions on buying this boat please and sayin Hello! >

Need advice/opinions on buying this boat please and sayin Hello!

Notices

Need advice/opinions on buying this boat please and sayin Hello!

Old 04-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Texomapowerboater,
What's your contact info sir? I'm unable to PM you due to my membership not being a "paid" membership.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor73402
Well all the comments on the insurance got me wondering so I gave my local agent a call to check. I even lied about the HP and just told him 500 and he called me back and said he didn't have anyone that would insure it. He said be even ran it through progressive and they replied with "unexcepatable for insure". He said he'd never seen Progressive turn anything down like that. I'm 31yrs old with a clean driving record too, so I'm not high risk, or higher than normal risk. I guess maybe I need to stick with a Vee boat rather than a cat.
True. What kind boating do you want to do? It really is a buyer's market right now. There are a lot of boats changing hands. Don't be too much in a hurry, go drive a few, offer to pay gas and drive both V's and cats.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Crossett
Are you financing this or paying it off? If you aren't financing it why insure it?
Yes, I could just take the money out of the bank and pay cash for it easily, but in my opinion that's not a very smart thing to do. I understand everyone's opinion on this differs, but yes I'll be financing it.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Registered

Yes, I could just take the money out of the bank and pay cash for it easily, but in my opinion that's not a very smart thing to do. I understand everyone's opinion on this differs, but yes I'll be financing it.
Ah, ok. I'm surprised that 500 horse power and it being a cat got that response from the insurance company.

I'm 28 and insurance on my 330 horse 60 mph baja is $180 annually through these guys.

http://www.seaworthyinsurance.com/
Old 04-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Its an east coast boat so not really designed for rough water use.........and you need something that will handle the rough water on Texoma.
???

Trevor,

Don't assume that even if you get a quote from the "Big Insurers" that the quote will make it through the underwriters. You might want to contact some of the specialty people in the Insurance and Finance section.

OH - and don't LIE about ANYTHING to an insurance agent - its a great reason to deny a claim.

Last edited by seafordguy; 04-04-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
???

Trevor,

Don't assume that even if you get a quote from the "Big Insurers" that the quote will make it through the underwriters. You might want to contact some of the specialty people in the Insurance and Finance section.

OH - and don't LIE about ANYTHING to an insurance agent - its a great reason to deny a claim.
My bad, ment to say west coast.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Texomapowerboater,
What's your contact info sir? I'm unable to PM you due to my membership not being a "paid" membership.
[email protected]
817-437-2516
Old 04-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
My bad, ment to say west coast.
I was going to get you a map so you knew where Apache's were made....
Old 04-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Crossett
Are you financing this or paying it off? If you aren't financing it why insure it?
IMO, it doesn't matter one iota as to whether the boat is clear of a lien on the title or not.
Insurance is a must

Just my .02

See ya,
Kelly
Old 04-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by huskyrider
IMO, it doesn't matter one iota as to whether the boat is clear of a lien on the title or not.
Insurance is a must

Just my .02

See ya,
Kelly
Being aware of your surroundings and responsible on the water is a lot better idea that throwing money away for insurance IMO. Unless you think the likelihood of you filing a claim is really that high...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.