Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need advice/opinions on buying this boat please and sayin Hello! >

Need advice/opinions on buying this boat please and sayin Hello!

Notices

Need advice/opinions on buying this boat please and sayin Hello!

Old 04-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crossett
Are you financing this or paying it off? If you aren't financing it why insure it?
WOW!! I wont hijack the thread to talk about whether you should get getting insurance or not. But apparently you never have meet Murphy. Remember chit happens! Always better to be prepared when it does.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've NEVER had a claim on any of my boats, that being said, I wouldn't take one on the water without insurance. Different priorities I guess.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Registered

agree agree agreeeeeee
Old 04-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bet you're the type to file frivolous lawsuits when you get your panties in a bind too, huh?
What happens when the wave runner cuts you off and you swereve to avoid the jackass and plow into the boat that was passing you? Have everyone sue the guy on the wavrunner or loose everything you own because you were dumb enough to think you know everything that happens around you?

Water is unpredictable and so are the people on it. Just MHO.

Don't take offense.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
What happens when the wave runner cuts you off and you swereve to avoid the jackass and plow into the boat that was passing you? Have everyone sue the guy on the wavrunner or loose everything you own because you were dumb enough to think you know everything that happens around you?

Don't take offense.
Yep - all it takes is a rogue wave and your in the courtroom, a sandbar that shifts, a hidden telephone pole 3 inches under water, some OTHER drunk guy who runs into YOU.

If he wants to talk about frivolous lawsuits imagine being on the receiving end - someone sees the "go fast" guy and immediately sues you. THAT is what insurance is for.

And no Crosset - I have never been in a courtroom, filed a lawsuit, or contacted a lawyer.

Last edited by seafordguy; 04-04-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Theft could be a worry if you store your boat somewhere that isn't that secure. Personal injury falls under the being responsible category.
Banks are pretty secure and they still get robbed.

I can ALMOST see if you have a 10-20K boat where you might not want to pony up for insurance. The boat this guy is looking at is almost 50K.

Last edited by Dave M; 04-05-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Are you financing this or paying it off? If you aren't financing it why insure it?
Ah, ok. I'm surprised that 500 horse power and it being a cat got that response from the insurance company.

I'm 28 and insurance on my 330 horse 60 mph baja is $180 annually through these guys.

http://www.seaworthyinsurance.com/
Being aware of your surroundings and responsible on the water is a lot better idea that throwing money away for insurance IMO. Unless you think the likelihood of you filing a claim is really that high...
I bet you're the type to file frivolous lawsuits when you get your panties in a bind too, huh?

Another fine example of someone with "good" judgement

Last edited by drejustice; 04-05-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BY U BOY

Don't take offense.
I constantly watch what's beside and behind me. When i'm moving at a decent speed I stay far enough away from other boats, waverunners, etc. so I have plenty of time to stop or turn to avoid an accident. It seems pretty simple to me. If someone can cut you off and you have to swerve out of the way and you run into something because you didn't know it was there you were going too fast, too close, and not being observant enough.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by capt2130
WOW!! I wont hijack the thread to talk about whether you should get getting insurance or not. But apparently you never have meet Murphy. Remember chit happens! Always better to be prepared when it does.
I understand Murphy's law, but where exactly do you draw the line? Would you insure a jet ski? What about a sunfish? A kayak?
Old 04-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by drejustice
Another fine example of someone with "good" judgement
What is this supposed to mean?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.