She talked me into a cruiser! >

She talked me into a cruiser!

Notices

She talked me into a cruiser!

Old 04-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Riley0114
Can't we just have the best of both worlds? http://www.thelifeofluxury.com/the-w...-luxury-yacht/
Yikes, mine is burning around 4 gallons a mile on plane. Hell, I am proud it will plane. Those big high speed yachts......unreal. I guess that if you have one of those, fuel is a small concern.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
We bought a cruiser 2 yrs ago with all the luxuries and love it. The Fountain hasn't seen daylight since. I spend more time on a cruisers/sailors forum than I do here now.
Times a changin.
You need to stay on this forum till I get my 32' all fixed up
Old 04-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at an '89 272 Formula and went with a '90 270 Sundancer (290 by todays standards) and I now have an arch!. The 272 had small blocks and the 270 has a single 454 Bravo1. My wife really liked the cruiser and the cabin is awesome. The open deck space is very nice too. We still have three boats and the Carlsons still get used for skiing and tubing. We hope to travel this summer and spend some days living on the Sundancer and relaxing. I said I would give it a try and we now spend twice as much time on the water and nights out on the hook. It all depends on the lifestyle you want, Mike.

I had a chance to buy this 272 a few years ago....it has a nice home now I've been told! The seller was in MI and my tow vehicle then was too small! One of my favorite factory paint jobs.

Last edited by CV-23; 04-07-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

I used to hang with a bunch of cruiser guys....said "used to" because almost all of their boats are now either dry docked or sold.....but what I find with those things is their just waterborne mobile party platforms.....you can eat/sleep/party on them really well but they are no fun to drive whatsoever.....take a fast corner and there is s hit flying all over the place.

They used to say that my boat "is too one dimensional"...I would say "NO....your boat is too one dimensional....the only thing that thing does well is party".....theres no comparison between going for an all day cruise (actual boating!) in my boat compared to a cruiser....the speed/handling/acceleration, no comparison.....in actuality they almost never went on an all day cruise.....their idea of a "run" would be to cruise out to the various nearby party spots (no more than an hour of actual "boating") and party all day then come back...it gets old.....in reality many cruisers in our Marina never leave the dock.....we have a lot of water up here and my idea of a run is to be out for 9 or10hrs with at least 5 or6 of it underway, the bulk of it at my economical 35 - 40mph cruise speed taking in the sights with occasional blasts to 65....actual boating!...the cruiser guys would do something like that once a summer and it would be their "big trip".....we do this every weekend

They overnight more comfortably than me but as my wife once said "its not about how much stuff you can bring its about how much stuff you can leave at home....."
Old 04-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pitts1313
You need to stay on this forum till I get my 32' all fixed up
OR....you could buy mine and be done. Where else will you find a 32 with AC and heat, not to mention all the custom made pieces parts.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi
Yikes, mine is burning around 4 gallons a mile on plane. Hell, I am proud it will plane. Those big high speed yachts......unreal. I guess that if you have one of those, fuel is a small concern.
You would be surprised how much that has changed. I just left working on private yachts, but still have many friends who do. This winter my friend went to the carribean from florida on the yacht he works on. It cost $38000 in fuel each way, for the owners to have a one week vacation. Many yachts are sitting now since the cost is so high. Now I am not saying that it is a big concern, but for the price of fuel, anyone of these people can fly anywhere they want and have the most bad azz hotel penthouse around. So people really are not using the yachts as much as previous years.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you think going fast is expensive .
Buy a Cruiser use it for a year or two then sell it because it wasn't what you thought it would be .
I found out .

Paul
Old 04-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

I sure hope my wife doesn't find this thread.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Perlmudder
You would be surprised how much that has changed. I just left working on private yachts, but still have many friends who do. This winter my friend went to the carribean from florida on the yacht he works on. It cost $38000 in fuel each way, for the owners to have a one week vacation. Many yachts are sitting now since the cost is so high. Now I am not saying that it is a big concern, but for the price of fuel, anyone of these people can fly anywhere they want and have the most bad azz hotel penthouse around. So people really are not using the yachts as much as previous years.
No, they are not an alternative to a place to stay. My wife and I like to run to Chatt for an evening of dinner and drinks. We can jump in the Donzi, dock up downtown and rent a hell of a suite for far less than taking the Roamer.

That being said, I would not trade that for an overnight on the big boat. The trip is half the fun.

Many don't get the cruising thing. Those that do, love it. I always have and will. I don't really see them as an alternative to fast boats, just another dimension.

Me, I just love being on the water. Taking a slow cruise down the gorge is great. I also had a great time blasting down the gorge at 85 last weekend.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My wife is also yearning for a cruiser, and with two daughters who will be teenagers within the next 5 years, an enclosed head is going to become a priority if I want to keep the family together boating. When we are hooked up with a group, the idea of a cruiser sounds pretty good. I just don't enjoy driving them. It's like driving a waterbed. I told my wife to plan on carting my drunk azz around on the water if we get one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.