Gas prices and fuel mileage >

Gas prices and fuel mileage

Notices

Gas prices and fuel mileage

Old 04-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas prices and fuel mileage

SO! WOW! Let's have it guys....When is enough enough? Seriously...when do you throw in the towel? Here in Ontario Canada we are currently paying $1.35/litre for gas and diesel and it's expected to hit $1.50 or more by summer! Soooo....just curious...give some feedback...at what price per ltr or gallon would you say...F---k it!?
And with high prices in mind...lets hear what kind of mileage your getting with your boat and or tow vehicle...and maybe some suggestions on improvement.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As frustrating as it is go for a ride in a sailboat .
That will help you decide . Worse yet try talking to the tight ass that owns the boat .
If you can just make more , I'm considering diesels for my next boat . My TG only cruises at 50 now so a 55-60 mph cruise speed would make me happy . But I agree once having a 100 mph boat it would be tough to slow down a little .
Bad thing is it's not going to get better .

Paul
Old 04-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul: Dont get me wrong...personally, gas would have to be like $5.00 a litre / $20.00 a gallon before I even think of given up boating!...LOL. My Baja is not that bad on fuel, an average day of boating is about $350 bucks or so....and my truck, an 07 6.0L F250 only burns up about $120 bucks to the lake and back. (3hr drive one way).