Does this seem like a scam to anyone? >

Does this seem like a scam to anyone?

Notices

Does this seem like a scam to anyone?

Old 04-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
The part that got me was he said that he would have someone come to my house to pick up the goods. He never asked where I lived...... Or where the props were located.
Like someone else said, they will send the check for more than the amount, have you reimberse them by mail or money transfer then you will find out afterwards the check is bad. They say they will have someone come get the goods in person to make it sound more legit. They will never show up to get it. Its all about the reimbersement money. Just screw with them when whenever you get bored, good way to waste down time!
Old 04-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Registered

The part that got me was he said that he would have someone come to my house to pick up the goods. He never asked where I lived...... Or where the props were located.
Like someone else said, they will send the check for more than the amount, have you reimberse them by mail or money transfer then you will find out afterwards the check is bad. They say they will have someone come get the goods in person to make it sound more legit. They will never show up to get it. Its all about the reimbersement money. Just screw with them when whenever you get bored, good way to waste down time!
Old 04-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Registered

Old 04-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ask for him to have the guy picking them up, bring cash. Did that with a car once. He got really confused, and really pissed, when I told him, that it could not be an issue, since he had the money and he'd trust the pickup guy so much.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hI seller. my namd BOB SMITH

I am seaman. i Oversees because i in armed force. i'M buying item for me dad. Please give bank acct numbrs so i can wire mony today. i HAVE SHIPPING AGENT PICK ITEm up OK with u?
Old 04-07-2011, 11:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
Ask for him to have the guy picking them up, bring cash. Did that with a car once. He got really confused, and really pissed, when I told him, that it could not be an issue, since he had the money and he'd trust the pickup guy so much.
Ha- good one.

You can just about expect it to happen on craigslist for certain types of items. Happened to me recently with an old lens I had listed locally. They don't care how many email addresses you write them from. As long as you are writing they think you are still interested. They like that 'send my contact' or 'shipping agent' ploy- makes em sound 'official'.

My guy claimed to be from NYC. Wanted the wire transfer sent to a woman in Conway, S.C. FedEx delivered check for 2k (on $450. item) came from Indiana with a return address to a guy at a city water works dept in that state. Check was from a company in California and signed by a woman with an Asian name.

It all seemed perfectly normal to me.

He never even gave me a ship address for the lens. I guess sending and managing replies to hundreds of those every day could make one forget little details.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 04-07-2011, 11:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but...

I'm always cutting those pesky checks for thousands more than I meant to, and rather than cutting another for the correct amount, I always trust the kindness of strangers to return the overage to me.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 04-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja_302
hI seller. my namd BOB SMITH

I am seaman. i Oversees because i in armed force. i'M buying item for me dad. Please give bank acct numbrs so i can wire mony today. i HAVE SHIPPING AGENT PICK ITEm up OK with u?
Bob Smith??? Am I the only one who thinks boattest.com?

Doing some chit with bogus names and the like, is always fun. When traveling, and don't want to tell where I stay. It's usually something like The Ekaf Hotel on 66(NO) Memory Lane or some crap llike that. It's amazing how many jump right in.

Sorry for the off topic bit
Old 04-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

I have a set of props for sale here in the classifieds and I think this guy is interested. Here is the last email he sent. If I give him the info he is requesting is there anything that could get me into trouble?

Thanks
Don
------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello
Thanks for your urgently mail,i am ok with your asking price and you don,t need to bother or strees yourself about the shippment cos i have a reliable shipper that will come to your location for the pickup of the item to my house in u s and also my shipper will be assisting me in clearing and picking some of my goods that i bought from other buyers down to my house i will like to have your full information for the payment So that i can forward it to my Accountact to issue you payment, kindly mail me back in Time,with your full detail,I will like if you can confirm the following details to me for the cheque to be send to you within a limited time we have to conclude this transaction.
NOTE confirm the Details to me?
Name:............................................. ..........
Address:.......................................... ..........
zipcode........................................... ..........
country........................................... ..........
Telephone Number.................
and mobile number for easy
communication..................................... .
Hope my statem ent is stated clearly.
Awaiting to hear from you asap.
Best regards
Screen name HP525????

he just sent me a pm asking me to give him my rear harley swing arm kit...
Old 04-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I think it's OK, but just to be safe let me check it out for you, all I need is your SS# and DOB and address and I'll take care of it.

Just a simple thanks will be fine, I'll do this free of charge, no problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.