Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT Interesting reading regarding Terrorism ,, 9 / 11,, and the Democrats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25098-ot-interesting-reading-regarding-terrorism-9-11-democrats.html)

Chris288 05-24-2002 12:43 PM

OT Interesting reading regarding 9 / 11 (fixed)

Lets try this again :D

WHAT DO DEMOCRATS KNOW NOW?
Thu May 23,10:04 PM ET

By Ann Coulter

Republicans were so dumbstruck by the mendacity of Democrats claiming President Bush (news - web
sites) had advance knowledge of the Sept. 11 attack that they have overlooked the most stunning
legerdemain of this accusation.

Suppose Bush had known 19 Muslim immigrants planned to hijack four planes on Sept. 11. What could
he have done? Throw Arabs out of the country? Put them in preventive detention? Order airport security
to take an extra little peek at swarthy men boarding planes?

Liberals won't let us do that now!

In a girly-girl, eye-poking attack, House Minority Leader Dick Gephardt, D-Mo., has demanded an
investigation into "what the White House knew about the events leading up to 9/11, when they knew it
and, most importantly, what was done about it." The more urgent question is: What do the Democrats
know (BEGIN ITALS)now(END ITALS)?

Memo to Democrats: Muslim men are plotting another terrorist attack on America right now! That's what
you know. What are you doing about it? Directing airport security to keep searching white paraplegics at
the airport?

Gephardt's genius plan for assuring air safety after Sept. 11 was to federalize airport security. But he
refused to allow airport security to scrutinize passengers who look like the last two dozen terrorists to
attack civilian aircraft. That's what he did when he knew about it.

Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., has thundered that it is "imperative" that Bush tell the Senate "what actions
were taken in response" to any advance warning of a terrorist attack.

In response to the next terrorist attack, here are the actions Leahy took: He hauled the attorney general
before the Senate Judiciary Committee (news - web sites), saying he was "very" angry at Ashcroft.
Leahy was "very" angry not because Ashcroft was failing to do enough to prevent the next terrorist
attack. Just the opposite: Ashcroft was doing too much, thereby threatening the civil liberties of Arabs.

Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, D-S.D., reacted to Sept. 11 by babbling about having the proper
"balance" between fighting terrorism and protecting constitutional rights. If the Democrats had shown half
as much indignation about terrorists as they did about Ashcroft, their convictions might rate more with
real Americans.

Hilariously, Democrats are especially indignant that nothing was done in response to the memo from an
FBI (news - web sites) agent in Phoenix who had noticed a lot of Arabs enrolled in American flight
schools. As The New York Times reported (in the always-crucial penultimate paragraph): "FBI officials
said there was reluctance at the time to mount such a major review because of a concern that the bureau
would be criticized for ethnic profiling of foreigners."

Let's see, who might have criticized the FBI for ethnic profiling?

For Ashcroft's evident interest in immigrants of Mideastern descent rather than, say, currency traders
(BEGIN ITALS)after(END ITALS) Sept. 11, Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee, D-Texas, railed that the
detention of Arabs "smacks of racial profiling." Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., hyperventilated that the
Bush administration was "literally dismantling justice."

David Bonior, the second-ranking Democrat in the House of Representatives, leapt to action after the
Sept. 11 attack by repeatedly denouncing nonexistent racial profiling at the airports. He even dragged the
FAA (news - web sites) administrator and eight FAA assistants to Detroit to listen to constituents who
claimed they had been profiled at airports.

Sen. Richard Durbin, D-Ill., warned that "the Phoenix memo is going to come to be one of the most
important documents in our national debate about whether we did enough to protect America from the
attack of Sept. 11."

What's this "we," paleface?

After a savage terrorist attack by a group of immigrants of Middle Eastern descent, Durbin has
hysterically attacked people who support ethnic profiling of airline passengers as troglodytes "crawling on
(their) bell(ies) in the mud at a right-wing militia training camp in Idaho." He actually took time from his
busy post-9/11 Senate schedule to write a letter to the editor making this point.

Sen. Hillary Clinton (news - web sites) -- whose very first act in the Senate was to sponsor a bill
prohibiting ethnic profiling -- has also demanded an investigation of what Bush knew and when he knew
it. (What did she know about her husband's serial philandering and when did she know it?)

Maureen Dowd sneered of the administration's failure to prevent the Sept. 11 attack: "I guess nothing
short of a copy of Mohamed Atta's Travelocity itinerary would have stirred the FBI from its stupor."

But back on Nov. 25, 2001, as the corpses of 3,000 of her countrymen lay rotting in smoldering heaps,
Dowd was snarling about Ashcroft's questioning of Arab immigrants in the United States. She snippily
noted that "the first resistance to his edict to interview 5,000 Middle Eastern men came from police chiefs
objecting to racial profiling."

After Manhattan is nuked by Muslims, then will it be OK for the attorney general to question Middle
Eastern men?

Liberals may have no basis for complaint with George Bush, but Americans do. Pick your poison, Mr.
President: Order ethnic profiling and be subjected to querulous attacks on the pages of The New York
Times, or permit American women and children to be murdered in the next terrorist attack.

More from > Op/Ed - Ann Coulter
Next Story:
WHAT DO DEMOCRATS KNOW NOW?
Thu May 23,10:04 PM ET - (Ann Coulter)

tanned fat looks better 05-24-2002 12:54 PM

they'll come up with some line of bullsh*t to try and back out of the crap they started................I think it's a little too late and it'll show up at the polls.

The liberals have really put their collective foot in their mouths.

CigDaze 05-24-2002 01:08 PM

Exactly!!!

And still too stubborn to admit they Fugged up...

Chris288 05-24-2002 01:22 PM

I have been saying it all along...

What did Billy Boy do about ANY OF THE TERRORIST ACTS committed under his watch.... ???

This is nothing but a WITCH HUNT....

The accusations the democrats are making against Bush and what he did to prevent the 9/11 attacks are LUDICROUS...

Its perfectly outlined in the article, this is nothing more than a ploy to deface the Bush administration,,, IT INSULTS the american people and the terrible trajedy that cost over 4,000 americans their lives..

what Had Billy done about the FIRST F'ing terrorist attack on the world trade center ??, what, because there was no great loss of life, he gets a melvin ?? JACK ASSES,, thats the only word I can come up with right now... I guess OLD SLICK WILLY was lucky the trade center didn't fall down the first time they tried to blow it up... :mad: :mad:

supercrash 05-24-2002 01:26 PM

This from the same anne coulter that said "we should take over arab countries and convert the people to christianity"...ya she credible....:rolleyes:

Chris288 05-24-2002 01:35 PM

Gee,,, I see nothing but stone cold facts....

But like we all already know, the facts don't matter uless they support your beliefs.

Ted G 05-25-2002 07:20 AM

Ya know Cat-I am going to archive that little snippet. Please refrain from ever posting about name-calling or personal atacks again. Or you will see it over and over and over.

Oh and BTW- Anne Coulter writes consistent with the views of many, many people. She is comparable to your left wing idols in the press that happily tell us that the GOP plans on starving children and old people, polluting the water and air just for the fun of it, and that Bush knew all about the Sept 11 attack and did nothing so he could make another million in the stock market(or whatever)-Yeah, that's credibilty for you.

P.S. You are probably a lousy poker player-when something hits a little too close to the mark, your mean and nasty side pops up. It isn't very flattering......

supercrash 05-25-2002 10:00 AM

"We should invade their countries, Kill their leaders and convert them to christianity"
-Anne Coulter,From her column,"This is war"

"Noy all Muslims are terrorists , But all terrorists are Muslims"

-Anne Coulter , Sept. 2001

Chris232....This lady is crazy...for sure...You shoot down these quotes as bullsh*t...Sorry , but your wrong AGAIN..

You call my posts "Conspiracy theory pyscho babble"...Then tell me we never landed on the moon...After you are done looking for Santa Clause, bigfoot , and the tooth fairy ...why don't you do a simple search.and find out the TRUTH before you post some B.S. again....But like you said..."Facts don't matter"

Tinkerer 05-25-2002 10:06 AM

You missed blind and brainless- Once again if it doesn't go along with their beliefs it's not true in a democrats eyes. Open your eyes because most of the dems are even backing away from this crap that a few of the most left wing dems have started. Funny how only the stupid dems are sticking to their stupid stories. Funny how when they were caught at their lies how they backpedel and try to cover up by saying they didn't know. AND THEY SAY PRESIDENT BUSH IS STUPID. HE IS A GENIUS COMPARED TO THESE IDIOTS.

WETTE VETTE 05-25-2002 10:13 AM

I should be more up on this but

I tend to turn a deaf ear when these desperate political attacks are being done to win or destroy popularity. I feel the most important memo was in 1999 when the agent from Wisconsin (i think) made mention of Arab terrorist groups possibly training at flight schools and may be planning to fly a plane into the WTC in the future. Who was in office back in 1999? I guess he was to busy getting a blow job to notice so that must make it Bush's responsibility. Give me a break!!!!