Notices

Boat Cover Cleaning?

Old 03-02-2011, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat Cover Cleaning?

How do u guys clean ur boat covers? I have a "new to me" 27ft mid cabin boat and the covers were in the ski locker when I bought it, but b/c of the rain recently and the boat being outside at the dealership for a day, the bottom of the ski locker was damp, and so was a portion of the cover.

Im not to concerned with the outside of the cover, since the rain is now cleaning that . But to prevent any smells from the inside of the cover is what im more concerned about.

Thanks
Old 03-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A couple of times a year I hang mine over the fence and scrub it with a brush and soapy water. Dries quick like that and I usually hit it a couple of times. Gets all the grime off of it. If you have heavy mildew or something you might need a stronger cleaner. A dehumidifier in the boat is a good idea also.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Registered

I agree with jmeng! I keep damp rid in my cabin works excellent...Just refill the container 2 or 3 times a month depending on where you live.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Registered

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good cleaner. Also would you recommend using a pressure washer??
Old 04-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsPeanut
Does anyone have a suggestion for a good cleaner. Also would you recommend using a pressure washer??
If you pressure wash it don't hold the nozzle to close to the material, as it could damage it. I use dish soap and warm water to clean mine and once it is dry, I spray it with water repellent.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Registered

Ive thought about taking mine to a commercial cleaner and having them run it through the washing machine on delicate...
Has anyone tried that?
Old 04-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mild soap and water. Hang and let dry thouroughly. Don't use anything too strong. You'll clean off the waterproofing. Im a big skier. I try to to wash my ski clothes very often. The aftermarket waterproofing never is as good as the "factory".
Old 04-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Registered

Pick up some Spray 9 at Home Depot, best cleaner that I have found.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
If you pressure wash it don't hold the nozzle to close to the material, as it could damage it. I use dish soap and warm water to clean mine and once it is dry, I spray it with water repellent.
x2.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:11 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 11 Posts

Throw it in a swimming pool overnight. I have a full black cover on my Fountain CC and thats how I clean it. Works amazing and no work other than vacuming the pool. The chlorine in the pool isnt enough to hurt the cover but will kill/remove any mold/mildew. You might need some brick to weigh it down.
Next best is to soak it in a garbage can or big rubbermaid bin with the same chlorine content as a pool. Agittae now and then. rinse well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.