"Epic Powerboats" Miami Review >

"Epic Powerboats" Miami Review

Notices

"Epic Powerboats" Miami Review

Old 02-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up "Epic Powerboats" Miami Review

A big thanks to The Joker for showing us his creation while in miami this past weekend! Brian took my wife and I out for a sea trial on his 41' Epic powerboat during the show. The boat performed like a stallion! The fit and finish was on par with any custom boat builder out there. We cruised for close to an hour crossing several large yacht wakes and wind chop and the boat never skip a beat. My wife commented several times on how smooth the ride was and how comfortable she felt in the stand up bolsters. When I told her we were going over 70mph she honestly didn't belive me. After 12 years of boating with my wife I have never been able to go that fast with her and not been yelled at...She didn't even realize how fast we were going! You can guess whats on my christmas list now

The boat ran 72+ mph full of fuel and 6 passengers on board. Try doing that in a Top Fish! For those of you that don't know...Brian and his partner Dave are a class act. For the first boat out of the mold I belive they hit a homerun.

If anyone would like more firsthand info on the boat feel free to PM me or call me personally. I would be happy to share my experience with you.

Capt. Ed Noonan
Westcoast Yacht & Marine Services
619-203-1692

Last edited by Westcoast; 02-22-2011 at 02:04 PM. Reason: sp
Old 02-22-2011, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
A big thanks to The Joker for showing us his creation while in miami this past weekend! Brian took my wife and I out for a sea trial on his 41' Epic powerboat during the show. The boat performed like a stallion! The fit and finish was on par with any custom boat builder out there. We cruised for close to an hour crossing several large yacht wakes and wind chop and the boat never skip a beat. My wife committed several times on how smooth the ride was and how comfortable she felt in the stand up bolsters. When I told her we were going over 70mph she honestly didn't belive me. After 12 years of boating with my wife I have never been able to go that fast with her and not been yelled at...She didn't even realize how fast we were going! You can guess whats on my christmas list now

The boat ran 72+ mph full of fuel and 6 passengers on board. Try doing that in a Top Fish! For those of you that don't know...Brian and his partner Dave are a class act. For the first boat out of the mold I belive they hit a homerun.

If anyone would like more firsthand info on the boat feel free to PM me or call me personally. I would be happy to share my experience with you.

Capt. Ed Noonan
619-203-1692
Must be a nice one! One thing is certain... You're not known for offering generic compliments.

And it kept the wife happy??? I'm short for words.

Glad you had fun on the Epic!!

Old 02-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks for the kind words Ed! David and I both enjoyed you and your wifes company and we were more than happy to take the both of you for a ride!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SDFever
Must be a nice one! One thing is certain... You're not known for offering generic compliments.

And it kept the wife happy??? I'm short for words.

Glad you had fun on the Epic!!

This boat was worthy!
Old 02-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Registered

This boat was worthy!
Is it a pretty dry ride? I've not heard of Epic. How's the construction? Layout? Rigging? Did it flex at all when crossing the yacht wakes? What's a cruz speed with the given power? Vacuflush etc??
Old 02-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Registered

Great job Brian, can't wait to come and see first hand.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Registered

Is it a pretty dry ride? I've not heard of Epic. How's the construction? Layout? Rigging? Did it flex at all when crossing the yacht wakes? What's a cruz speed with the given power? Vacuflush etc??
I'll let THEJOKER answer some of these questions...but in reference to the dry ride...we never saw a drop anywhere. The construction can only be described as overbuilt. The rigging was well thought out. Brian builds these boats to suit the custermers needs. This boat was built to suit his needs and that included a sunpad. There is tons of storage thru-out the boat including a small arms locker if guns are your thing. The cabin had not been installed yet which gave me a chance to see the layup up close and to see how well the deck to hull joint was bonded. I would say you could easly cruise this boat all day at 55-60mph. I suspect the boat has some speed left in her because according to Brian he has not even had a chance to start prop testing and was running on a set of 26p bravos if i'm not mistaking. As we all know the easist way to make your boat faster is to use the right prop. It has the making of an 80mph boat with a light load and the right prop work. Thats with 3 300hp verados.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

WestCoast pretty much summed it up. We build all of our boats with solid fiberglass bottoms and they're hand laid. Absolutely zero flex and the 41 is bonded 360 degrees around hull / deck and liner. Cruises at 60 mph w/ 3 - 300 Verados. WestCoast crawled all over our boat and I had never met him before. What a nice guy and then to find out he was a marine surveyor! Here are just a few pictures from the Miami Boat Show.
Attached Thumbnails "Epic Powerboats" Miami Review-1st41night.jpg   "Epic Powerboats" Miami Review-1st41dash.jpg   "Epic Powerboats" Miami Review-1st41nightlight.bmp  

Old 02-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Registered

A big thanks to The Joker for showing us his creation while in miami this past weekend! Brian took my wife and I out for a sea trial on his 41' Epic powerboat during the show. The boat performed like a stallion! The fit and finish was on par with any custom boat builder out there. We cruised for close to an hour crossing several large yacht wakes and wind chop and the boat never skip a beat. My wife commented several times on how smooth the ride was and how comfortable she felt in the stand up bolsters. When I told her we were going over 70mph she honestly didn't belive me. After 12 years of boating with my wife I have never been able to go that fast with her and not been yelled at...She didn't even realize how fast we were going! You can guess whats on my christmas list now

Capt. Ed Noonan
619-203-1692
So it rides as good as a Cigarette Top fish?
Old 02-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LBMA 5820
So it rides as good as a Cigarette Top fish?
Good question...I can only imagine it would give a topfish a run for its money...It surly is a better value.

To be quite honest I have never driven a topfish. Being from s. california I haven't seen any that had made it this far west, let alone work on one or drive one. I do look fwd. to it though. I wasn't knocking the topfish by any means...I do think it is a very pretty boat...that being said...I would hate to take one fishing...It would kill me to see blood on it

As far a Center counsel "go fast" boats that I have driven and worked on that I can compare the Epic to:
37' Sea Vee
35' intrepid
37' intrepid
38' fountain
33' Contender
38' Contender
38' Donzi
39' Midnight Express (custom's boat-didn't drive it but got a hell of a ride-along)

The biggest difference between the boats I listed above and the Epic is the beam. The epic hull is true to its original mold (38' powerplay) it is a true 8 1/2 beam. Now I do realize that you give up some floorspace for fishing if thats your thing...however...the trade off is increased speed and a better ride.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.