Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat Pix (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/251161-boat-pix.html)

Dean Ferry 04-11-2011 06:22 AM

Boat Pix

I was buzzing up the Banana River yesterday about 55 mph in the Hydrostream, and along side/above me is a Boat Pix Helo taking my picture.... I gave them the thumbs up....
My Q is: How do I get to see a copy of the pic w/o ordering it? I went to boatpix.com, and it looks like you have to order it to see it?
Thanks,
Dean

richanton 04-11-2011 07:28 AM

I don't think there is a way to see the pics without paying for it, that is the whole reason that they do it, to get you to pay for your pix. I've heard mixed results on the quality of their pics, I have no personal experience with them.

TomFTM 04-11-2011 07:42 AM

Dean, there going to want a big $$$$ for the pictures...

boatme 04-11-2011 07:50 AM

Serch Boat Bix on here lots of info for ya SERIOUS pricing

kreed 04-11-2011 07:54 AM

If you call them, they will email you pics with their logo splashed all over the pic, but you will be able to see it. Expensive to buy........

Dean Ferry 04-11-2011 09:12 AM

Guys,
Thanks for the feedback, I remember something about how they run their "Scam" here on OSO awhile back... So we'll see, I doubt it was that good of a pic anyway...

TomFTM,
How you doing buddy? Is it boating weather there on L.I. yet?
Thanks,
Dean

sommerfliesby 04-11-2011 09:42 AM

We have ordered up the prints full-size to look at them...I think it costs like $25...then we take pictures OF the pictures with my wife's DSLR...came out quite well. Then send their stuff back ON TIME (or else) and don't pay the $200 they want. REEEEEDICULOUS.

robert246 04-11-2011 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry (Post 3373719)
Guys,
Thanks for the feedback, I remember something about how they run their "Scam" here on OSO awhile back... So we'll see, I doubt it was that good of a pic anyway...

TomFTM,
How you doing buddy? Is it boating weather there on L.I. yet?
Thanks,
Dean

STAY AWAY FROM BOAT PIX!!!

TxHawk 04-11-2011 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby (Post 3373742)
We have ordered up the prints full-size to look at them...I think it costs like $25...then we take pictures OF the pictures with my wife's DSLR...came out quite well. Then send their stuff back ON TIME (or else) and don't pay the $200 they want. REEEEEDICULOUS.

That's great! I had my wife do the same thing.

mlb75 04-11-2011 06:04 PM

Not to be a naysayer or conscience police but to order the pics and then take pics or scan them and send back the originals to avoid paying for them is a little low. Ever run a helicopter or airplane? It's not cheap, and if people don't buy the pics or scam them it only makes the price of the pics go up for those that want them. Now if you order the pics and they aren't decent quality then sure send them back with a clear conscience, they shouldn't be trying to sell low quality pics for top dollar but if it's a good pic and you want it pay the guy...