Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Eliminator Eyes Center-Console Market >

Eliminator Eyes Center-Console Market

Notices

Eliminator Eyes Center-Console Market

Old 04-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My guess for a "standard" boat (I'm sure you can load these down with options!)

Under 30' $70-100k (single power)
30-35' $100-150k (twin power)
Over 35' $150-who knows!!! (triple and up)
Old 04-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Under 30' you can get away with a single
Over 30' you will want twins

MSRP on a Verado 300 is around $24K plus rigging.

MSRP on a 27 Concept single 300 Verado is around $50K, decked out around $65K.

My 2007 Concept 32'6" w/twin 300XS decked out was around $190K MSRP on trailer.

34' Nor-Tech w/twin 300 Verado base retail price is $303K. Paint, trailer and options extra.

39' Nor-Tech w/trip 300 Verado Base retail price $395K. Paint, trailer and options extra.

The Nor-Tech is a different boat than the Concept. Not in a bad way, just a total different style of boating. All in what one is looking for.

Of course all of those numbers are MSRP so take it with a grain of salt but have to start some where.

New 36' Concept with trip 300 Verados decked out can be had for around $150K in the real world.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,234 Posts

[QUOTE=marylandmark;3375691]I hope you don't feel as if I were taking a poke at you? Not by any means. I'm your biggest fan with all the coverage you have provided performance CC's lately! Keep up the good work!

Not at all, Mark. I think you were being funny and ironic, as in "The more things change ... "

Later in this thread you provided some excellent pricing information. That's yet another key element in the trend we've been discussing.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Maybe a better question is: Why? Why do people abandon their go-fast boats for center consoles?
Perhaps I'm not exactly the customer you are mentioning here, but I started boating (the first boat I owned anyway) with a small, OB powered performance boat. Living in Las Vegas with Lake Mead, Mohave and Havasu all nearby, I quickly learned I needed a bigger boat to run those lakes at will. My 19' tunnel boat just wasn't cut out for it, but I made it work anyway. It still provides my hi-perf requirements, being a 112+mph ride.

About 5 years ago, I started looking into another boat, something bigger, that would brave the waves. I really liked the idea of the Advantage Party Cat - big stereo, carries a bunch of people, basically the party barge. Not all that fast, but a capable party platform, which is what I predominantly do in Havasu. But I also liked the idea of a cuddy cabin as I have dreams of cruising Lake Powell and camping overnight. Also, being a performance nut and OB guy, I was thinking that was a hard combo to come up with.

I ended up with my 30' Scarab CC. 7' cuddy cabin, good amounts of room, added the stereo and has OB's. Of course I had to upgrade the motors, so on went the Monty Racing 4.0l V8 2-strokes. I'm into it a lot less than a new boat, and it runs decent, although I've tweaked on it quite a bit. Merc gearcases adapted to the OMC mids, jackplates, etc, etc. Lots of my own sweat in this one, and it's far from perfect, but works for me.

If I had the dough to buy a new boat today, it would be a CC of some sort, preferrably something with more beam than my Scarab, and with twin 300xs's or maybe triples. It's just such a capable platform and does everything pretty well. Not the first to the sandbar, but hauls a lot more people, I don't have a worry fishing or SCUBA diving out of it, etc.
Originally Posted by Interceptor
I'm guessing here but don't outboard owners tend to keep the engines/accesories etc. stock which promotes reliability ?
ed
If they are new engines, probably so. My 94 OMC V8's are pretty well modified by Monty Racing in FL. Finger ported, dry stacked, offshore 25" mids, converted to Mercury CLE gearcases and so on. Ran me about $5k to take the stock motors to 380hp/340ft-lbs on the dyno...a lot cheaper than even ONE new motor. Of course, there is no warranty either.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Registered

For me it came down to one simple thing.....I didnt need a cabin, the way I boat ( either blasting around or just hanging at the beach) the cabin become dead space, so basically decided to go for the open lay out , more user friendly
Old 04-13-2011, 05:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by elvisali
For me it came down to one simple thing.....I didnt need a cabin, the way I boat ( either blasting around or just hanging at the beach) the cabin become dead space, so basically decided to go for the open lay out , more user friendly
To each there own I suppose. Out here, I use it for dry storage, and the deck of it turns into the elevated dance floor.