Notices

Boatermouth ??????

Old 04-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Boatermouth ??????

In Boatermouth they mention Jim Darrs 186 mph SKATER , is this the same Skater he has 4 sale with the wrap-around windshield & home made bustle ????

http://boatermouth.com/matt-trulio/2...props-and-more

Best Moment of the Day: David Scott and John Tomlinson run 208 mph in Nauti-Marine, Scott's 50-foot-long Mystic catamaran with twin 2,000-hp engines. That's one mile an hour off the Top Gun record of the 30-year-old Shootout, and a new record for the new venue near Captain Ron's. "With another half mile, we'd have been at 230 mph," said Tomlinson. "The engines never stopped making power." The question is: Will they run again tomorrow? The engines reportedly have one run left in them before they require a tear-down. Plus, Scott and Tomlinson are pretty satisfied with their effort so far. They remain undecided at this point.

•Second coolest moment of the day: Jim Darr runs 186 mph in his Skater catamaran, making him the man most likely to collect $10,000 from Skater principal Peter Hledin. If Darr reaches 190 mph tomorrow, the prize goes up to $20,000.

•Coolest nearby event: OK, so Skaterfest really isn't that nearby. Lake of the Ozarks is one of those classic "You can't get there from here" kind of places, which makes the 15-mile drive to the Camden on the Lake Resort, where Skaterfest is being held, a 30-minute trek from Captain Ron's. But with almost 40 boats and their owners, families and friends, and folks like Hledin, Mike D'Anniballe of Sterling Performance and Dean Loucks of The Art of Design on hand to celebrate the Skater catamaran brand, this Midwest version of Skaterfest is far and away the best to date. "This venue is just tremendous," Hledin, who was on his way to a boat ride to the Shootout (Peter Hledin on a boat ride?), told me this morning. Look for a more in-depth story in the next issue of Powerboat magazine.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,224 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
In Boatermouth they mention Jim Darrs 186 mph SKATER , is this the same Skater he has 4 sale with the wrap-around windshield & home made bustle ????

http://boatermouth.com/matt-trulio/2...props-and-more

Best Moment of the Day: David Scott and John Tomlinson run 208 mph in Nauti-Marine, Scott's 50-foot-long Mystic catamaran with twin 2,000-hp engines. That's one mile an hour off the Top Gun record of the 30-year-old Shootout, and a new record for the new venue near Captain Ron's. "With another half mile, we'd have been at 230 mph," said Tomlinson. "The engines never stopped making power." The question is: Will they run again tomorrow? The engines reportedly have one run left in them before they require a tear-down. Plus, Scott and Tomlinson are pretty satisfied with their effort so far. They remain undecided at this point.

•Second coolest moment of the day: Jim Darr runs 186 mph in his Skater catamaran, making him the man most likely to collect $10,000 from Skater principal Peter Hledin. If Darr reaches 190 mph tomorrow, the prize goes up to $20,000.

•Coolest nearby event: OK, so Skaterfest really isn't that nearby. Lake of the Ozarks is one of those classic "You can't get there from here" kind of places, which makes the 15-mile drive to the Camden on the Lake Resort, where Skaterfest is being held, a 30-minute trek from Captain Ron's. But with almost 40 boats and their owners, families and friends, and folks like Hledin, Mike D'Anniballe of Sterling Performance and Dean Loucks of The Art of Design on hand to celebrate the Skater catamaran brand, this Midwest version of Skaterfest is far and away the best to date. "This venue is just tremendous," Hledin, who was on his way to a boat ride to the Shootout (Peter Hledin on a boat ride?), told me this morning. Look for a more in-depth story in the next issue of Powerboat magazine.
I honestly don't know. Why not contact the seller? I'd go there first.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I think the radio called it wrong during the run because it was Chip Romer's boat that hit the mark.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by BDiggity
it was Chip Romer's boat that hit the mark.
It was a memorable moment.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Last edited by jayboat; 04-14-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OH BOY OH BOY thats wrong
Darr's skater ran but like 122 and don't take the credit from Chip's badddddddazzz Skater
Plus he got 10 grand almost the 20. Sooooooo close to it.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by thumper038
OH BOY OH BOY thats wrong
Darr's skater ran but like 122 and don't take the credit from Chip's badddddddazzz Skater
Plus he got 10 grand almost the 20. Sooooooo close to it.

thats what i thought BIG Daddy but when i read it i had to laugh .. the boat was sold to Scot on OSO for $65K and then Darr backed out but not bad 65K for a 185 mph SKATER
Old 04-14-2011, 06:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
I honestly don't know. Why not contact the seller? I'd go there first.
no need to i know its
Old 04-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jayboat
It was a memorable moment.

thnx Jay , i'd say looks a bit differente then the Darr Skatr
ROCK ON CHIP
Old 04-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,224 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
no need to i know its
Well, B.S. is a little strong ... I wasn't trying to fool anyone ... but it was a factual screw-up that did not make it into the Powerboat magazine article I wrote on the event.

Reporting in real time has its challenges, fact-checking being the biggest one. No excuses, though, my screw-up.

Glad you set helped the online record straight.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

SO, Chip Romer sold this 388?....

Im confused.... Still for sale at bullockmarine.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.