On engines, fuel, energy, and a reality check >

On engines, fuel, energy, and a reality check

Notices

On engines, fuel, energy, and a reality check

Old 05-29-2011, 01:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JP-8
...I made extensive use of the musical sound synthesizers that his company manufactures.
So, you are a musician?
Old 05-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ECeptor
I don't think you know jack about China, Chinese govenment policy or Chinese business. I also think you are way, way out in left field with your conspiracy theories. I also don't think you know jack about science or engineering.

You are a dreamer an conspiracy theorist.

I'm a mechanical engineer with a masters degree. My graduate research was on engine emissions and efficiency. i have worked my entire career on engines, vechicles with the goal of increasing productivity and efficiency. I lived in China working for a Chinese company for a year and a half and had the mighty support (virtually unlimited research budget) of the Chinese government funding my research. I have worked closely with some of the largest diesel engine manufacturers on earth (Cummins and Weichi).

What are your credentials?
Working in China must have been interesting. Is there an easy way to explain why they are gaining so much ground so fast?
Old 05-29-2011, 08:55 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by On Time
Working in China must have been interesting. Is there an easy way to explain why they are gaining so much ground so fast?
For one thing they run on the environmental laws we ran on 100 years ago, when we were exploding.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't think you know jack about China, Chinese govenment policy or Chinese business. I also think you are way, way out in left field with your conspiracy theories. I also don't think you know jack about science or engineering.
Your disapproval has been dually noted.

You are a dreamer an conspiracy theorist.
Only part-time.

I'm a mechanical engineer with a masters degree. My graduate research was on engine emissions and efficiency. i have worked my entire career on engines, vechicles with the goal of increasing productivity and efficiency. I lived in China working for a Chinese company for a year and a half and had the mighty support (virtually unlimited research budget) of the Chinese government funding my research. I have worked closely with some of the largest diesel engine manufacturers on earth (Cummins and Weichi).

What are your credentials?

ECeptor, I have no desire to engage in a pissing contest.

I'll amicably overlook your numerous attempts to insult my intelligence, and instead ask you to consider this, if only for a moment:

I understand that everything I've posted thus far is in direct conflict with the very cornerstone of your education, and the experiences you've had out in the field of your profession. The concepts I'm advocating must seem worlds away from everything you've come to understand about physics and mechanics.

I have not made any claim that isn't able to be verified, nor have I asked anyone to believe any of these technological advances based on my word alone.

I've posted patents, news articles, and diagrams that show beyond all doubt, the possibility for an internal combustion engine to achieve greater than 60% operating efficiency not only exists, but was accomplished more than 70 years ago.

As a certified expert mechanical engineer, I would think that you of all individuals might see the superiority of these designs, and appreciate them to a greater degree than one who lacks your technical background. The fact that you reject them with such contempt is most puzzling.

I make no apologies for bringing these engineering designs to your attention, as I know that they are factual and extremely useful.

Here is a video of a small Bourke engine in action:

Notice how he is able to hold his hands so close to the exhaust ports while the engine runs at exceedingly high RPM.

In your professional opinion, ECeptor, why is that possible?

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx_G0-9PJIE[/YOUTUBE]

And here is Bourke himself demonstrating his 400 CID engine.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEBDpfNGFq0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
Old 05-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JP-8
In your professional opinion, ECeptor, why is that possible?
It's a youtube video. Show me a test report from a proper laboratory run by proper test engineers and I will be able to render my professional opinion.

The "data" you have show to prove "beyond any doubt" might be good enough for you, but I've read a bunch of it and was much less convinced. Suffice to say, we are different opinions based upon that information.

What did you say your your technical training/experience on engines was?

One of my engineers used to have a saying hanging on his office was - "In God we trust, all others must bring data."

A youtube video may or may not be data. There is a lot more to this game than just trusting stuff like that.

Last edited by ECeptor; 05-30-2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Payton
For one thing they run on the environmental laws we ran on 100 years ago, when we were exploding.
That plus many other reasons. It isn't a perfect country, but then again none are. They certainly have more rules than the US (or England, or Germany, or France....) had during their industrial growth periods.

They are very dilligent about investing in industry, science and infrastructure. The places I worked run 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week (many shifts) so utilization is high even though efficiency is not. The typical Chinese engineer earns and lives off much, much less than a Western one. They also are starting from way back, but are advancing fast. They seemed to do a good job thinking about long term investments/benefits over short term ones. I was never asked to "meet the month" but was always asked "where should we be in 5, 10, 20 years."

I found them to be hard working, nice people and far from the evil enemy the media would have you make of them. Interesting place to visit if given the chance.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:02 AM
Registered

I recall about 8 years ago on Opie and Anthony they had a segment of their show that had something similar. They played interviews with a guy that claimed he could go from ny to ca on 6 gallons of water. Cars at the time could be converted for about $2000 (think this was 50's). Right after this public interview (think it was a main stream station) he suddenly ended up dead (food poisoning) and his working prototypes and go cart somehow were stolen.

It's been so long since I heard this but I tried to research to no avail. Any ideas if this actually happened?
Old 05-30-2011, 09:22 AM
Registered

Reading all of this reminded me of something that was buried by the press years ago.

http://www.legendarycollectorcars.co...clusive-video/

A very good friend of mine grew up around Daytona Beach and spent alot of time working with and talking with Smokey Yunick. Based on what I have seen, read and been told...Smokey had it figured out...and GM knew it.

Smokey would talk about how he and Ed Cole worked many late night hours developing the design for the cherished Small Block Chevy in 1953 & 1954. He was also a sub-contract consultant on the cylinder head development of the 427 "Mystery" motor in 1963 which was the foundation of the 454/496/502 big block Chevy.

After WW II GM was about to flood the country with Electric Buses. At one of the early Bilderberg meetings Standard Oil. Firestone, Good Year and Ford decided since FDR had made such a great deal with the Arabs that the country needed to move in the direction of fossil fuels so that western industry could "regulate things".

Smokey knew about all of this through his close connection at GM.

When asked about the "hot vapor" engine...Smokey was reported to smile and reply "Enough money will change anything".

Last edited by sprink58; 05-30-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:22 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Wow. Excellent post, Sprink. Much appreciated.

Smokey most certainly did have it all figured out. And he wasn't classically trained in any branch of engineering to boot.

I didn't know that GM wanted to introduce electric buses.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by prostock85
I recall about 8 years ago on Opie and Anthony they had a segment of their show that had something similar. They played interviews with a guy that claimed he could go from ny to ca on 6 gallons of water. Cars at the time could be converted for about $2000 (think this was 50's). Right after this public interview (think it was a main stream station) he suddenly ended up dead (food poisoning) and his working prototypes and go cart somehow were stolen.

It's been so long since I heard this but I tried to research to no avail. Any ideas if this actually happened?
That was Stan Meyer. He had his water fuel cell all figured out in 1988. He was killed by food poisoning while dining at a restaurant in 1998. There were quite a few eyewitness reports that said after swallowing a few bites of food, he jumped up from his seat and shouted that he'd been poisoned while running out the to the parking lot where he collapsed and died. He was often offered huge sums to sell out and drop development. He kept refusing, so they took him out.

Originally Posted by rlj676
While I'm all for "questioning everything", as several have pointed out here no carb or or anything else will defy physics.

Could someone please put out a plausible explanation of how one carb would increase efficiency in the terms discussed here? A carb simply mixes fuel and air, w/ stoichiometric being the general starting place. Now most any carb now can adjust from there, how would any "patented secret one" do it differently? A carb alone wouldn't change combustion or the engine to be super efficient. Even if every drop of fuel is burned, most of it is turned to waste heat, etc. A new carb technology won't change this. Same w/ the amount of energy available in gas, it only has so much and can only move so much mass so far even at 100% efficient conversion to propulsion.

As to the theories that the oil companies are holding back the manufacturers, explain the EV1, Leaf, Tesla, Volt, Prius, etc? Automakers make cars that make money ( or try to anyways). If an electric car can be sold at a profit it will be done and would have been done years ago. Right now the battery costs are too high and the range too low which holds them back, not "big oil".

The future of powertrains have several options. CNG, hydrogen fuel cells and batteries will all have commercial offerings in "volume" within 5 years. Whichever can be done w/ the best business case and consumer acceptance (read price) will win out.

Personally, we have 200 years worth of oil (at a a min) left, and as much as I don't like gov't intervention on "free markets" I'd prefer just something to limit the obnoxious speculating that drives prices up way beyond supply/demand actual consumption dictates.
Regarding your query about a plausible explanation, here is an excerpt from one of the documents I posted on the first page of this thread:

"It seems that ever since the advent of the automobile, the public has been baffaloed into believing that the carburetor installed on our cars is the most efficient that can be produced. And that an Air/Fuel ratio of 15:1 is the ultimate mixture for gasoline to burn.

But this is not true - gasoline will burn at mixtures of up to 200:1, and the 15:1 ratio is the biggest outright lie we've ever heard.

The carburetor, as installed on the automobile for more than 50 years now, is nothing more than an automatic fuel flow valve - it does not vaporize the fuel at all, which must be done before the fuel will burn.

15:1 is about the correct mixture when you intend to burn only 10% of the fuel as is done on some automobiles.

Liquid fuel will not burn, it must be in a gaseous state (vaporized) before it will burn - and the carburetor does not do this."

Here again is the link to that same document. It should answer most, if not all of your questions.

http://www.injusticexposed.org/siteb...es/secrets.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.