Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Any Lake MI boaters going out this weekend? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25156-any-lake-mi-boaters-going-out-weekend.html)

Payton 05-26-2002 08:08 AM

Any Lake MI boaters going out this weekend?

Anyone else going boating this weekend? This is only ofr us lonely few that didn't make the trip to LOTO.

We are planning to be putting in at Portage by 1:30

Sounds like sunny and 72 today and 78 on Monday.

Payton 05-26-2002 08:15 PM

Hey guys Lake Michigan was great today. And I love driving twins!!!
Ran into an OSO member, Bearclaw, Can't wait to see his new Pantera.
the Super Hawaii ran perfect. When we first took off I completely forgot about the tabs, they were all the way up. She rolled onto plane with less throttle than my old 26' Mirage did. The waves were only 1-2 footers, but I never even felt them. My wife loves the ride ,so I guess it's a keeper.
It helps that I keep telling her that it's name "Super Sweet" is after her.:cool:
I think I found a place to store it indoors, on my trailer, 5 minutes from the ramp. For $400 for the season. That seems better than that hour drive making my f150 sweat.

Hope you all had a great day too. Looks like they had a killer day down at LOTO

Mark

ROCKETMAN 05-26-2002 10:09 PM

St. Joe Mi. was busy and the lake beautiful 1-2 footers calmer later.
2 ACTIVE THUNDERS
2 POWERQUESTS
2 FORMULAS
2 FOUNTAINS
3 CHECKMATES
1 PROFILE
1 NORDIC
1 BAJA
TON OF CRUISERS AND SAILBOATS ALSO.
hopefully Monday taking a trip to South Haven or New Buffalo
have to remember the sun screen though.:eek:

Intolerant1 05-27-2002 12:29 AM

We are going out tomorrow. Did 200 miles on the bike today. We may just drop her in on the Chain since its a shakedown run for a boat thats been in storage for almost two years. If it breaks in the Chain, I can get out and walk it to a dock.

eliminator219 05-27-2002 07:21 AM

Boating Lake Michigan

Mark
Glad to hear that you are Hooking up with with some local Performance boaters. Sounds like you are going to be keeping your boat at Doynes, Correct? If so, You will find some nice guys and ones that will give you a hand when needed. Matter of fact, I believe that Three or four of them are putting in around 10 am Monday(Portage) for a littlle trip for lunch and??? at New buffalo,Mi
If you get a chance why not Hook up? There will be a Sunsation, a couple of Campions,a Baja and a Formula going. Join In!!
Where in Indiana do you live? Im from Valpo,My boat is not ready yet, I may take the ride with the guys or I may do some of the work that is needed. Hell, No hurry for the work. Hope to see you there.

eliminator219 :D :D :D

Tourist 05-27-2002 08:05 AM

Just checking in here. I'm from Lowell, IN. If you're looking for a really nice clean.......SECURE place to store your boat on trailer, try Service One Marine in New Buffalo. It's not much further and the yard has CCTV's, 10' fence, and guard dogs. I kept my 31 Sonic there last year. It's 5 minutes from the launch.
Normally, we are out on Lake MI every weekend and 2 or 3 days during the week. We usually run up to Clemantines in St. Joe for dinner and hang out.
I still have a couple days worth of work on the motors before I put in this season. Man, I miss the beautiful sunsets on the lake.......the fireworks too.

Jerry--Total Chaos

bearpaw 05-27-2002 08:15 AM

Payton , Lookin good out there with your flamesand Les well that cat of yours is always looking good! Ill be with GODADDY today will take delivery on new Pantera on Wed. See you out there.:D

Payton 05-27-2002 08:40 AM

We aren't going out today. Have some stuff to get done around the house then a family cookout. You guys have a good time..

eliminator219 05-27-2002 09:03 AM

Lake Michigan

Payton,
Sorry to hear that you can't make it today, Maybe another time, That is if summer is really here!!
Bearpaw- thanks for the good words and hope u luck on your newPantera. Looking forward to seeing it !! If you need any help or parts that I may have please let me know...I go to Doynes to BS with the guys and sometimes to Sunset Lounge on the ditch, You and Payton both come around sometime, the first one is on me!! :D :D :D
Regards,
eliminator219

Have white Dodge pu with Eliminator Decal on rear window...

Payton 05-27-2002 09:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Eliminator, cool I'll look for you. I'm sure we'll hook up soon. Here is a pic of my rig. I guess it's kind of hard to miss.:cool: