WE ARE BACK!  MIAMI TO BIMINI with OPA >

WE ARE BACK! MIAMI TO BIMINI with OPA

Notices

WE ARE BACK! MIAMI TO BIMINI with OPA

Old 05-17-2011, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
The cigs at TNT already as well. If there were just three of me I could have a heck of a race!! One of us would be a winner for sure!!
Is 388 Pure Platinum doing this race Jim ?...........
Old 05-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The cigs at TNT already as well. If there were just three of me I could have a heck of a race!! One of us would be a winner for sure!!
Get the Carver and the Cobalt down and you could have a family ordeal. Throw some planes up and have a party. Sorenson could bring the Stearman....
Old 05-18-2011, 12:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Get the Carver and the Cobalt down and you could have a family ordeal. Throw some planes up and have a party. Sorenson could bring the Stearman....
Jason, why not enter Bad Idea??
Old 05-18-2011, 08:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keytime
Jason, why not enter Bad Idea??
It would be fun, but not in the cards this year. I may fire up a Bonanza and go watch.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:11 AM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
Brad, you're doing a great job brother. A lot of work for what - I'm sure must seem like at times - is a thankless job. Wish Kelly and I could be there...good luck with this great event that just seems to build momentum every year. It's truly refreshing to see actual "offshore racing" still happening since races like these are few and far between.

By the way, the shirts look great...where can I get one?
Thank You Sir! Great to see you and Kelly at Havasu.

Thanks for all the support. This is not an easy thing to pull off and I am told some of the bigger cats are not coming for the Bimini Race or the Poker Run. We will see what happens.

You are correct . At the end of the day its is the only real offshore race/event around in the US. (Bimini Race, Poker Run, and OPA offshroe race all in one). Except for maybe the Catalina Ski Race, different deal but way cool. I would like to do a one way race down here. Race one way to bimini on a ski at 100 mph!
Old 05-18-2011, 08:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
It would be fun, but not in the cards this year. I may fire up a Bonanza and go watch.
I'd love to run this as well (given acceptable conditions for my boat), but not in the cards for me, either. Get out there and spectate for those of us who can't make it.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:31 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Is 388 Pure Platinum doing this race Jim ?...........

Not sure. Hope so!
Old 05-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 2,972 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by bcschoe
Thank You Sir! Great to see you and Kelly at Havasu.

Thanks for all the support. This is not an easy thing to pull off and I am told some of the bigger cats are not coming for the Bimini Race or the Poker Run. We will see what happens.

You are correct . At the end of the day its is the only real offshore race/event around in the US. (Bimini Race, Poker Run, and OPA offshroe race all in one). Except for maybe the Catalina Ski Race, different deal but way cool. I would like to do a one way race down here. Race one way to bimini on a ski at 100 mph!
It was great seeing and hanging with you too brother.

And yea, I was thinking of the Catalina/Rum Run weekend as the only other style race like this in the country. A ski race out, like you're talking about, would most likely draw some big participation like the Catalina race does. It's a great idea.

As you know, some numbers are low across the country for events but that also means people wait til the last minute to register...All those procrastinators will show and I'm sure you'll have another large event on your hands again (good and bad when trying to juggle it all).

Let me know when those shirts are up for sale online...Since we can't make it, we can at least help support it and buy a shirt!
Old 05-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure. Hope so!
Can't wait Jim,, gonna be fun too watch... I won't be there, so hopefully you guys will hook us with some youtube vids... LOL
Old 05-18-2011, 09:13 PM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by thisistank

As you know, some numbers are low across the country for events but that also means people wait til the last minute to register...All those procrastinators will show and I'm sure you'll have another large event on your hands again (good and bad when trying to juggle it all).
We shall see. Tell me the difference between an excuse and a reason. I just think deep down the bulk of them are sprinters and might be a little scared when they have to really stretch it out and cant see land for a few minutes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.