Like Tree0Likes

Johnny Tomlinson Racing in Class 1 this weekend in the Abu Dhabi

Old 04-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Registered

My Boats: I think I have a Center Console now

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
Let's see that jackazz Carbonel organize something remotely as spectacular...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVwp0H51vCQ
Carbonel just quit !!!! he's said I just dont have that much class to operate like this !! LOL
Old 04-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Driver-441
Racer

My Boats: 32 Cobra Raceboat, 27 Avanti Raceboat 27 Kryptonite Raceboat

JT is the man...but i dont think its the only racing organization thats legit out there.
OPA has to be one of the most popular..thats gotta mean something.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 1996 Wellcraft Scarab

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner View Post
Carbonel just quit !!!! he's said I just dont have that much class to operate like this !! LOL
Say what you will BUT, John Carbonell has "OUTLASTED" just about everyone! In "THE END" it will be Cockroaches, Twinkies and John Carbonell. Love the video. Best Wishes to Johnny T.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:50 PM
Registered

My Boats: 10 JD Byrider SuperBoat Vee

wow that was really cool , bet it would really be exciting if they knew how to run a boat and kept them right side up ...Lol
Old 04-18-2011, 11:29 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap328 View Post
Comment:

All it takes is lots and lots of money. Recipe for event...bragging rights for your country...a boat load of ego and cash to back it up and let's face it Class 1 is cheaper than horses for these guys.

Is it a world class event you bet it is... anyone even close uhhhh not by a long shot.

KAP
Footnote:
I get a little pissed that the WPPA/UIM can't even post up video link to the events live. I mean how hard would it be to post a link to a live video or at a minimum tape delay replay for the time zones. If that is too much trouble how about every race in order of completion... being posted on their site rather than hunt and search for it on Frodes blog or You Tube. Carryon!
Yes, Victory outspends every other team. No argument. But the team is also very good. Don't take it from me. Here's what Tomlinson had to say in a March 14 article:

Tomlinson added that although the class-dominating Victory team does have a larger budget than any of its competitors, the team’s extensive preparation is its key to victory.

“They do their homework,” said Tomlinson. “It’s not just that they spend the most money. They spend time testing. They spend time practicing. They do everything you need to do to run up front. They're really, really good.”

For the full article, http://speedonthewater.com/component...-season-opener.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

My Boats: Doug Wright X-Cat, Howard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trulio View Post
Yes, Victory outspends every other team. No argument. But the team is also very good. Don't take it from me. Here's what Tomlinson had to say in a March 14 article:

Tomlinson added that although the class-dominating Victory team does have a larger budget than any of its competitors, the team’s extensive preparation is its key to victory.

“They do their homework,” said Tomlinson. “It’s not just that they spend the most money. They spend time testing. They spend time practicing. They do everything you need to do to run up front. They're really, really good.”

For the full article, http://speedonthewater.com/component...-season-opener.
Hello Matt:

Oh! without question the Victory/Fazza team spends enormous amount of time and effort on set-up and preparation. No arguments from me on that conclusion.

However, the team mentality they have, requires money to test and make the necessary changes to have a perfectly set-up boat for each venue location. I think most teams do not have the budget for such mistake free testing at each locale. Plus, if your driver and throttleman are at the race site two weeks in advance to test and pre-run conditions it gives you a huge advantage.

Also no mention was made of the mistake free techniques they utilize.... getting the hole shot and clean water and never looking back. Absent equipment failure they are a hard team to catch and beat once they get out front.

Testing, practicing and set-up changes when calculated accordingly almost always equal tons of money spent. This formula translates into spots on the podium usually at the top of the tier and a recipe for consistently winning races.

Class one is just amazing rather than discuss organizations and figure heads. I would just appreciate the magnitude of the WPPA/UIM races and hope they continue putting on world class races.

Sidenote: Now can someone get me a video link to the event my private jet is in for service so I can't make the Norway event.
KAP
Old 04-19-2011, 12:23 PM
British member!
VIP Member

My Boats: BananaShark 2001 24'

Don't forget the twin boat team that has only just returned after two season racing in the US because of "technical Infringements" going unpunished as well as alleged "bullish driving techniques" by the top boats. They have only returned to the Class One scene as everything has been smoothed over. The Brits quit for the same reason!

All IMHO of course!

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!