Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   desert storm (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/251634-desert-storm.html)

zx14 04-23-2011 08:36 PM

[IMG]http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/t...tona/051-1.jpg[/IMG]I will be there, staying at the Island Resort.

rydda1 04-23-2011 09:53 PM

considering running upstream (colorado belle)...been a long time since ive been at havasu....wondering if water level is safe , and is there anything to watch for....all advise welcome ...thanx !

lakeman2 04-24-2011 10:04 AM

Weather for D.S

Thursday 101
Friday 98
Saturday 95
Sunday 94

Just hope there will be no wind.Should be a great time.

mcoutlaw 04-24-2011 11:30 AM

Where can I drop in at? Bringing a Tiger and need a good ramp.

sleek1 04-24-2011 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by rydda1 (Post 3385048)
considering running upstream (colorado belle)...been a long time since ive been at havasu....wondering if water level is safe , and is there anything to watch for....all advise welcome ...thanx !

I've always been curious about that. I hear it can get sketchy in spots. I reconed the area last year and decided Laughlin was to shallow/scary for me. I've been told that boaters in the Laughlin area often use the tide (dam release) to time their boat outing. Have you run all the way to Laughlin?
Not hijacking, I'll be in Laughlin too, looking for day trips.

sleek1 04-24-2011 06:21 PM

I've always been curious about that. I hear it can get sketchy in spots. I reconed the area last year and decided Laughlin was to shallow/scary for me. I've been told that boaters in the Laughlin area often use the tide (dam release) to time their boat outing. Have you run all the way to Laughlin?
Not hijacking, I'll be in Havasu too, looking for day trips.

Wet-N-Wild 04-24-2011 06:48 PM

I wouldn't try it if I were you, there are some really shallow areas up river. A couple of years ago I was boating up near Laughlin and banged my prop up on some rocks. After that when I go to Laughlin I just go to lake Mohave or drive down to Jack Smith and launch there to run down river.

Dkahnjob 04-24-2011 07:57 PM

Two years ago I took my Fountain from Lake Havasu Cat Tail Cove all the way up to Davis Dam and back. It was a fun run, but the water was unusually high, I wouldn't try it if the water wasn't way up, also helps to know the river, there are some areas that you can get in trouble if not familiar. It is a pretty easy run from Havasu up to Needles, only dicey area is just at the top of the lake where there are sand bars, once past that no problem.

HOTRODREDNECK 04-24-2011 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by mcoutlaw (Post 3385340)
Where can I drop in at? Bringing a Tiger and need a good ramp.

x2. where is the best ramp to drop in??

Dkahnjob 04-24-2011 09:24 PM

Are you going to be in Havasu City. If so the Windsor ramp is good, on the North ramp be careful there are some shallow spots, but they are marked with bouys. Also the Marina is good, but they charge about $10 or $15 and late in the day they may be full in the parking lot. If you want to go south of town (toward Parker) the Cat Tail Cove launch ramp is one of the best kept secrets of Lake Havasu. Nice ramp, really nice rangers, they will give you a ride to the upper parking lot in a golf cart and you can park there. It is a 10 or 20 minute boat ride to the North to get to Havasu City from there.
I would avoid the Site 6 ramp on the island if your boat is 25' or more, although it is free there is a hump in the ramp and some longer trailers get hung up on the hump.
Have fun.