RGB LED install in a Challenger powerboat >

RGB LED install in a Challenger powerboat

Notices

RGB LED install in a Challenger powerboat

Old 04-20-2011, 12:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RGB LED install in a Challenger powerboat

Not a very good video, but I'll have some good pics up tomorrow.

4 cupholders have 1/2" acrylic under them with lights, 8 speakers have 1/2" acrylic under them with lights, then there are 4 equal length strips under the rear bench seat and under the plastic on the transom.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm8h9hLqPjs[/YOUTUBE]
Old 04-20-2011, 11:21 PM
Registered

I just picked the boat up tonight and the lights really turned out great. The video doesn't really do it justice. Gonna take me awhile to figure out all the different patterns on the remote control. Thanks again John, very professional job. Now bring on the dancing ladies
Old 04-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good
Where did you/he get the rings from?
Old 04-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Registered

talk about pimpin your ride. looks pretty trick
Old 04-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Registered

Thanks guys.

On other boats I had originally cut my own rings, but since the grills over the lower speakers had tabs that weren't in the original shape of the speaker, I just used rings from here.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does that controller flash to the beat of the music or was it simply flashing to a preset pattern? What brand controller?

I made a bunch of acrylic spacers to back light and such. Didn't like it when the edges were polished, to bright and each led showed thru independently, so I glass beaded both the ID and OD for a frosted look, Now the LEDS make the ring glow solid. Just need to make them flash to the music.
Thanks
Old 04-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Does that controller flash to the beat of the music or was it simply flashing to a preset pattern? What brand controller?

I made a bunch of acrylic spacers to back light and such. Didn't like it when the edges were polished, to bright and each led showed thru independently, so I glass beaded both the ID and OD for a frosted look, Now the LEDS make the ring glow solid. Just need to make them flash to the music.
Thanks
I am sure John will add to this, but yes it has all kinds of preset patterns and has a music interface mode as well which is not represented in the video. You can set it to react to bass or trebble.Controller is from Oznium and the remote came with it.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Flashy!! good job.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Registered

dang it Therapy....why you have to go do that.... LOL Looks good and Bright! Cant wait to see it with the music interface on!
I need a bunch of those in red and blue on the front of mine to make it feel original.. . It might actually be able to run someone down in a few weeks!
Old 04-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain

Thanks
The acrylic I under the speakers in Therapy's boat is frosted on the edges, but the cupholders are polished. I like the frosted better because like you said, it glows better. All the acrylic here is 1/2" and have the flexible, waterproof RGB LED strips. The controller is from Oznium - http://www.oznium.com/rgb-led-remote-controller

It does 4 separate zones, and each zone does different things. I set this boat up so the port side top speaker is #1, starboard top speaker is #2, port side lower speaker is #3, and starboard side lower speaker is #4. Beside the bench seat, the upper speaker is #1, rear speaker is #2, and each cupholder is #3, and #4. There are more under teh bench and off the front of the swim platform. Changing the mode on the controller will make it do the different colors, different flash patterns, or there's a mode that cycles through the "million color" patterns in a slow cycle. For $99, it does a lot.....

Originally Posted by customryder
Flashy!! good job.
Thanks Jeff!

Originally Posted by Enforcer
dang it Therapy....why you have to go do that.... LOL Looks good and Bright! Cant wait to see it with the music interface on!
I need a bunch of those in red and blue on the front of mine to make it feel original.. . It might actually be able to run someone down in a few weeks!
I may have some lights left over from the last police car I built

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.